Chapter Eleven - Glenn Sturgis - Chapter Eleven

Start from the beginning

"Lucked out." Jonah grimaced.

Genevieve tossed them back into the bin before Jonah pulled out a leather jacket. As Mateo and Jonah fought over their items, Sandra spoke to the dispersing crowd, "I know this is a weird time, but my birthday's on Friday, and it's gonna be at Dave and Buster's. I'll just email you the details."

TUESDAY

"What does it mean to change? To embrace progress? To transform? Cloud 9 is pleased to announce that our in-store brand "Halo" has now become "SuperCloud." A new day has dawned."

"All right, there you have it." Jeff turned off the tv, "So it's a big day today. We start our rebranding."

"Does rebranding mean they're redesigning the store?" Cheyenne asked.

"No, we'll be taking our in-store product "Halo" and changing it to "SuperCloud.""

"And how are they different?" Jonah asked.

"That, uh, what I just said. It used to be called "Halo." Now it's called SuperCloud. Maybe I'm not, um, selling the excitement of what's happening today. Let's see if this helps. You know, I gotta tell ya..."

Everyone zoned out during the rest of the meeting. Jeff was walking around, observing customer's reactions to the change and how employees handled their questions. Turns out, he nitpicked at every little thing and made his disappointment in certain employees vocal. Including Dina, who was seething.

"Ooh, look out, ladies." Garrett alerted, "Here comes a stylish dude."

"Yeah, somehow he makes baldness look cute." Mateo said.

"Hey, I'm not talking about Jeff. I'm talking about the other guy."

"Yeah, obvs. I was kidding. Jeff is like the ugliest guy in the world. So busted. Like stretched-out Danny DeVito."

"Hey, guys, excuse me." Jeff approached the group who pretended to be working, "I want you to meet Rex Joshi. He's in from the main office."

After meeting Rex, Dina glared at Jeff's back and went straight to bitching, ""You're the manager, so you're the most at fault here.""

"That guy really sucks." Carol said.

"Total asshat, right?"

"I hate his little eyes." Justine said.

"I hate his stupid face."

"I literally hope he dies." Mateo jumped in, "Yeah, I, I hope he does. I hope he dies. I really hope he dies. Just dead."

"He put a check mark next to my name because a customer had to wait more than two minutes in line," Genevieve complained, "Like, I'm fucking sorry they filled their cart up and don't want to bag their own groceries themselves!"

"Yeah." Dina groaned, "If he thinks he can do better than us, why doesn't he try working a shift himself?"

"Yeah." They all agreed. Noone was pleased to meet Rex and find out that he went to college with Jonah who had the reoccuring nickname, "Ice man." The week was dragging by, but everyone hoped Jeff wouldn't come in to supervise tomorrow.