"I know it's hard." I reasoned. "But your parents asked us to keep you safe. This is how we do that. We have no idea what's waiting for us down there."

"Which is why we should take our best fighters." Echo bit out, looking over to Bellamy.

He shook his head. "My sister is the last person I trust not to shoot first. So she stays on ice with everyone else until we know what we're dealing with."

"And if it's too late by then?"

"Fine." Bellamy conceded slightly. "I'll wake up Miller."

When Echo gave a small nod in agreement, he looked to the rest of us. "Say your good-byes. Head to the transport ship."

"Well," Murphy grinned. "I call shotgun."

---

I felt the nerves coursing through my body as the group of us made our way toward the transport ship, packed and ready to go. 

This was a new start, and I only hoped that it was going to be a pleasant one, unlike our last. 

I readjusted the bag on my shoulder as I turned the corner, my eyes landing on Shaw and Raven who were in the middle of an embrace. 

A small smile cracked onto my face at the sight of them. I was truly happy for Raven, grateful she finally found someone to treat her right. 

"Aves!" Raven called, reaching out to me as I went to pass them. "I need to talk to you for a minute."

I nodded, giving her an unsteady look. "What's wrong?"

She let out a sigh as she glanced over at Shaw who had begun to make his way toward the ship. "Will you look out for him?" she wondered, a tint of nervousness in his voice. 

A comforting smile came to my face as I gave her hand a squeeze. "He doesn't need it, but of course I will."

"Thank you." she whispered, pulling me into a tight hug. "Be safe down there."

"Always." I assured, pulling away to give her another smile. "I'll see you soon. Hold down the fort up here."

She saluted me with a grin. "You got it, boss."

I jokingly rolled my eyes as I backed toward the transport ship. "Try not to miss me too much!"

Waving me off, Raven's face fell ever-so-slightly. She was nervous about Shaw, and it was obvious. 

I turned away from her, trying to shake out my own nerves as I boarded the Dropship that would take us down to our new planet. 

The rest of our group was already there, save for Clarke who was saying her final goodbyes to Abby who decided to stay behind to try and save Kane. 

"Here." Bellamy said softly, taking my bag from me as I entered. "Go strap in."

I nodded, giving him a brief smile before lowering myself into the seat next to Emori. She looked over at me, giving me a nervous smile. "You ready?"

A small laugh escaped my lips as I pulled my seatbelt on. "As ready as I can ever be." 

"Okay!" Bellamy announced as he and Clarke joined the rest of us Lowering himself into the seat directly next to me, he looked to the front. "Shaw, whenever you're ready."

Shaw nodded powering up the control panel, preparing us for takeoff. "Everyone strapped in?"

A chorus of 'yeses' came from the group of us, anxiety and excitement mixed within our tones.