Break a Leg!

Today is the big day. Saturday. The day of the National Mathmatic League for Talented Tots! Lilo was a bundle of nerves. She didnt know what exactly to feel. She was excited, nervous, happy, whatever! A small part of her was a bit sad. She knew her father was not coming and it broke her heart, but she didnt want it to get in the way of her doing the competition. It was 3 hours before competition and Lilo was in her room finishing getting dressed. Angie invited her two friends Gwen and Janice to come as well as India. Her parents also joined in for support as well. Once everyone was present they all got into their cars and followed Angie out to the Staples Center where the event was being held. 

Meanwhile... 

On the other side of Town, Larry was getting ready for his day of house hunting. He didnt know how much longer it would be before the feds raided Angie's house again looking for him and his crew, so he decided it was best for him to look early for a new house. Far out from the city was his best bet, so the desert area was first in mind. He didnt wanna go alone so he dragged his brother along with him for a second opinion. They grabbed something to eat then was on their way. Larry decided to call Angie during the drive. 

A: Hello? 

L: Hey babe. 

A: Hey Larry. Im glad you called honey, you okay? 

L: *sigh* yea I guess so. How my baby she still hate me? 

A: Aww baby. (look back at Lilo) I dont think she will be mad at you for long. Its just..I dont know you really hurt her feelings when you told her you couldnt come. 

L: I know but...I do something really important today. She be really happy when she find out. 

A: Larry I dont think you buying her toys and things is gonna make her happy. 

L: Non thats not it...its for both of you. I goin look for new house for yall. 

A: O-Oh my gosh! Babe really! Oh that is soooo perfect. Oh gosh im so happy you said that bae. Detective Rice will not stop calling the house! And you know what, I think she got some people spying on us at night...baby im scared. 

L: Dont worry baby nobody gonna get you. I make sure of that. But I find some place perfect away from all the people oki. No worry. 

A: Okay. Im trusting you. Dont you put me and my babies in no mess I aint playin! 

L: Bae you know I wont oki. Who you man? 

A: (smile) You are. 

L: Okay. You know that. I love you babe. Talk to you later. 

A: Okay I love you too. Bye 

L: Bye. 

Angie and Larry hung up and Angie went back over to Lilo. Her and her parents were at the registration table getting her all set up with her number and name tag. Her mother helped her pin it on her clothes then they went to one of the many multipurpose rooms backstage to meet the other competitors. Once there, there were a lot of kids brushing up on their knowledge and practicing last minute problems. Lilo began to look worried at her mother. "Mommy I scared." Angie knelt down next to her daughter. "Aw baby its okay. Look your just getting cold feet." Lilo looked confused at her mother's comment. "Mommy my feet arent cold." Angie shook her head at Lilo and stood back up. India tapped her shoulder and told her that the rest of the family were gonna go find some good seats and wait till the show. Angie nodded her head and went with Lilo to go sit in a corner and practice.