s1:ep22→(part ii) occult activities gone wrong

Start from the beginning

"My neck feels stiff but that's about it," you shrugged, sitting on one of the chairs. The woman gave you a plate which you gladly took with a bashful 'thank you'.

Across the table, Saiki glared at his plate like it's a pile of dog poo. You have no idea if his sour mood was because of your quip from earlier or if it's just him being his usual bitchy self. You lightly kicked his leg from under the table to catch his attention.

"You look like shi -- crap," you pointed out, shoving a spoonful of your breakfast. "Penny for your thoughts?"

Saiki sighed. "I still need to walk to your house and get a clean uniform," he muttered, appearing as if he's next on death row. "Do you know how to teleport?" He looks at you, expectant, stopping you midway from eating.

"Oh, golly gee, Kuu-chan, take a wild guess," you said, putting down the fork.

"Is that a yes?"

"It's a no."

"Oh," he thinned his lips, looking somewhat dejected.

He looks depressed. You tapped your fingers, deep in thought. You don't know how many times you have witnessed Kusuo's face of extreme disappointment -- it looks even sadder because it's your face. He really must not want to meet your father.

"It's all right, buddy," you said, standing up to awkwardly pat his back sympathetically only for him to slap it away with a glare. Rude.

"I'm going now."

You raised your eyebrows. "In just your pajamas?" He nodded and brought your school bag with him. You followed him on his way out the door. If you looked closely, he's slowing down his movements ever so slightly. He really doesn't want to meet your father.

"I'll. . .be going now," he repeated, mostly to probably reassure himself.

"You know your way to my house, right?" He sluggishly nodded in response.

"Okay, the key is inside my bag. Since it's still dark, my old man isn't awake yet so your journey will go very smoothly," You said blithely, trying to reassure Saiki and rid him of his grim expression.

"Got everything you need?"

"You sound like my mom," he retorted, "And yes, I do."

You rolled your eyes at his attitude, "Well, good luck, soldier." You gave him a halfhearted salute.

The psychic gave back an unexpected dutiful salute and left the property in the most unenthusiastic fashion you've ever witnessed. To be honest, you're just glad you're not getting the same treatment from life like he is. He's definitely got it rough. You know what they say, If life gives you lemons --

"Meow."

If life gives you cats rather.

"Hm?" You looked down expectantly only for the feeling to immediately diminish, "Ugh, just a random stray." You crouched down, not before distancing yourself for a few centimeters. Even though you were a bit far, you can still smell the stray's disgusting stench. You scrunched up your nose.

"Got something to tell me, stinky? Perhaps you know where Sirius is," You called, peering your eyes at the orange tabby.

You slowly took off the ring, curious if Kusuo's telepathy works on animals as well. Multiple voices began ringing in your ear but you managed to focus on the subject of your interest.

" -- Who the hell is Sirius? Give me food! I'm hungry!" Anpu, the cat, demanded, accompanied by a series of annoying mewls.

You clicked your tongue, annoyed by the stray's attitude. "You must live under a rock if you don't know who my beautiful Sirius is, you inferior feline," you furrowed your eyebrows as you stand up. "Sirius is a pretty white cat with green glasses. Ring any bells?"