~ch23~Kukuroo mountain

Start from the beginning

"Not more than you." Kura muttered.

My jaw dropped in shock.

"Hahaha I wish." I joked around.

Kura became dead serious and brought his mouth closer to my ear.

"I could give you a million never ending reasons on how beautiful you are, both inside and out. Don't test me." He whispered.

My face burned at the thought, feeling lucky to be with this boy. He wrapped his arms around me tightly and laid his head onto my shoulder. I pat his head and ran my fingers through his hair. It's so soft.

"There it is. The base for this family of assassins is on that mountain? It sure looks creepy.."

We all gathered around the window and looked out. Leorio spoke exactly what I was thinking.

"Yes. Once we reach our destination, we should start gathering information." Kurapika said.

...

Once we got off the train, we asked around how to get to Kukuroo mountain. We were told to take a tour guide, which runs only once a day.

We hopped on the tour guide bus, just a few feet away, and waited for the others to get on before we left. In the beginning of our departure, the tour guide stood up and greeted everyone who sat in front of her.

"Thank you for taking the Lamentation Tour today. We will be visiting Kukuroo Mountain, home to the famous Zoldyck family of assassins. A forest surrounds the 3,722-meter high mountain, and the Zoldyck estate is somewhere on that mountain."

I heard a snore and looked over my shoulder to see Leorio sleeping. Really dude? Is it that hard to stay awake?

"But no one has ever actually seen it." The lady continued. "The Zoldyck family consists of ten members. The great-grandfather, grandfather, grandmother, father, mother, and five children. All of them are assassins! So, let's approach the mountain."

We neared the gigantic fucking doors with high walls. Why is it so huGEEEE??? All of the tourists got out and took photos, scattering, taking every single detail in.

"This is the front gate of the Zoldyck estate. It is also known as the Door to Hades because no one who's entered has ever returned alive. To enter, you must pass through the door next to the security checkpoint. But the area beyond the gate is private property, so we can't proceed through it."

"HOLD ON!" Leorio yelled. "This is the front gate? The mountain is all the way over there!"

"Correct." She responded. "The Zoldycks own Kukuroo Mountain, as well as the surrounding land."

"This whole area is their backyard?"

"Hey guide." Gon interrupted. "What do we have to do to get inside?"

She put a sweet but slightly irritated look on her face.

"LIttle boy, were you listening to when I explained it earlier? If you go inside, you'll never get out alive! Assassins live there." She said, clearly agitated.

Two suspicious men walked behind her. I remember them! Didn't they like die or some shit for being over confident?

"It's all a sham." One of the men said. "A family of assassins that no one's ever seen."

"Just a photo of their faces is worth millions." The other guy continued.

The two approached me and lifted my chin up. "What a pretty little gal. Haven't seen you around." One said as the other discreetly grabbed my ass.

Great. I'm being fucking touched by two creeps. I'll show them what I got. I stood their smiling, pretending not to notice where he was touching me. He stood behind me and covered my entire body, making sure no one could see what he was up to. His left hand snaked up my chest and the right hand explored past my waist until it reached-

I slapped his hand away and backed up. No way he thinks he can get away after touching me there. Time to put them in their place.

"Pretty ballsy of you guys to think that." I cut in with a sassy attitude.

They stopped and looked down at me.

"What was that?" One of the men became heated.

"Oh, you didn't hear me? Well how bout this? Is this better now?" I adjusted my voice, making it louder and more clear.

"I heard you, brat. If you're looking for trouble too, why don't you say that again and see what happens." He turned back around and continued walking.

"Suite yourself. Lowlifes like you could honestly never end the Zoldyck family. Especially for how weak you guys are. Well, hope you have fun getting killed." I yawned

"You little bitch, asking for it now eh?" He pounced in anger.

"She's not worth our time, just let it go." His partner tried calming him down.

"Why? Afraid to lose to a little girl? I mean, I understand. I guess I'm too intimidating for you guys. Well, later!" I flipped them off and watched as pure rage built up inside of them.

"That's it." Both chased me around at full speed. I ran in a circle and quickly to the front, getting the old man to open the gate.

"Hey can you open it please?" Surprisingly, he didn't hesitate when I asked, which was weird because normally he gave others a hard time. He just stared for a moment in shock and nodded, getting it open.

"Thank you!" I yelled and ran towards the gate. Quickly, I stood in front of it and blocked the entrance.

"Over here dipshits!" I stuck out my tongue.

Kurapika finally noticed what was happening and his face turned in horror. His eyes were slowly turning a bright scarlet as he took a step in my direction. I just winked and returned my attention to the two in front of me. When they reached me, I pretended to give up, and let them grab onto my body.

It's go time.

My first instinct was to deck the guy with my fist and his face. What a lovely combo. It perfectly distracted him, so I kneed his groin before the other guy could reach me. This cause him to let me go, falling to the floor. The other one saw what happened and swung his weapon at me as I dodged. I managed to crawl through his legs fast enough and made it behind him. I waited for the perfect moment to slam their heads together and kicked the shit out of them behind, into the first gate. It suddenly shut and I heard there screams ecoe from behind the door I just slid down.

Thank god its over. I sat on the floor, out of breath and took a sec to regain my energy. While I sat there, the old man who had opened the gate earlier, approached me.

"Nice to meet you. Miss y/n."

"Nice to meet you too!" I repeated back friendly.

"Mr-"

Wait. Y/n? I never said what my name was, though... neither was it mentioned. I checked to see if I had anything that had my identity on it. Nope.

"Hey.. How do you know my name?" I switched topics, curious and afraid.

"Let's just say it's intuition." He winked.

Who is this man...

And how does he know my name?

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

...