☻︎

"Are you sure that you'll do alright, Master Bruce?" Alfred asked, finishing with stitching a wound from Bruce. "Yeah.. I'll be fine." He said as if pain was rain, and Bruce was a window. "Thanks, Al." Bruce gave Alfred a slight smile.

Bruce sat up and walked over to the Batcomputer. He stared at it for a moment before typing on its keyboard. "May I ask what you are doing?" Alfred asked. "I'm trying to find at least something about that girl who attacked me.."

Bruce said as he lightly touched his stitched arm, recoiling. He heavily sighed before staring back at the screen. There was a moment of silence before Alfred had brought up something.. Or- someone.

"Say, when was the last time you've visited John Doe?" He called with a slight smile. "What're you up to? You're the one who told me to be careful." Bruce said when he stopped typing to focus on speaking.

"Oh, I'm doing nothing. I'm just wondering.." He said rather slyly. Bruce rolled his eyes playfully, knowing Alfred was gonna do something. He went back to typing.

"What was it that attacked you?" Alfred asked, getting back on track to the situation. "It was a woman... With... Vines? It's hard to explain-" Bruce tried to speak, when he was interrupted by Alfred chuckling.

"You think I'm crazy, don't you?" Bruce meant to Joke, but he truly didn't want someone who he trusted to think that he was insane. "No no.. Not at all! It's just... I have a surprise for you."

Bruce was truly confused at what Alfred said. He turned his head to look at him. "What are you planning?" He asked playfully. "Close your eyes, Master Bruce." He told him with a smile, and Bruce obeyed.

After a few moments, Alfred told Bruce to open his eyes, He opened them to see John Doe standing nervously. He held a bouquet of Roses. "Hey... Buddy..." He croaked nervously.

"John?" Bruce called, surprised. "..I...Look... I know you may not be the happiest with me.. You know... Ace Chemicals and The Agents... But... I wanna be Joker again!"

Brue stood there dumbfounded, shocked at what John said. He didn't have anything against it, but that night at Ace chemicals...

"I..I wanna try. I wanna try to be good again! I know I can! Just... Please.. Buddy?" John held out the bouquet. Bruce took it and threw it aside. He grabbed John's hand and pulled him into a tight embrace.

"I missed you" Bruce said as he giggled. John was overwhelmed with emotion. He hugged onto Bruce as if he were life itself and he started sobbing. Alfred watched with a smile on his face.