Chapter 36

*A week later*

*Elizabeth POV* Jay has been under for almost a week now. We have only talked once on the bullpen's phone because apparently this dealer is very paranoid and tracks all his peoples' calls. Kim did tell me that he will hopefully be back by the end of the week when she was over for girls' movie night. The girls, Casey, and Kelly have been really helpful in keeping my mind from going crazy without Jay. We were either on shift, at Molly's, or hanging at someone's place doing anything. Kim said Voight allowed her to tell me they are busting this guy this afternoon, so hopefully he will be back tonight. I go about my morning, getting ready for work, doing inventory on the rig, and making fun of Gallo and Ritter. "Pancakes my favorite, but what are y'all going to eat?" I say jokingly receiving laughs from the guy at the stovetop. "You think she is joking is the funny thing," Kelly says coming and sitting down, "that girl can eat pancakes like no one's business." He receives a slap on the head as I walk to sit down too. The day starts with a bang when we respond to an apartment building fire. Mostly just smoke inhalation victims, but a couple of burns. Sadly the rest of the shift is slow until about three when we called out.

*Jay POV* "Yo, Eli, Ryan, let's go time to do the met with this new dealer friend of yours Ryan," William calls from down the hall. I had brought Kev under to meet William as a possible new large-pack buyer. "We're here," Eli says as we walk out the door and get into the car with Willam. We arrive, get out of the car and wait. Kev pulls up maybe two minutes after we get there. We make some small talk as William and Eli try to feel 'Louis' out. "Now I know Ryan did not introduce us so we can talk about the old neighborhood. So let's get down to business" Kev says getting this deal rolling. "How many bricks you want?" "I was thinking five and if my people like the product, more, regularly." "Well for the first five how does twenty k sound?" "Wow, Ry man is the product really worth that much man?" "Oh definitely worth the cost man. Pure snow." Just then Eli's phone rings and he excuses himself to the other end of the car. Through my earpiece, I hear Voight, "keep it going, guys. Do we have ears on that call?" "Negative Sarge, that is a burner we did not even know he had," Rojas relays quickly. "Well man, let's see the cash?" William says, turning my attention back to the deal. "I want to see the product first man," Kev says cause we need to see the drugs. "You are joking right," we hear Eli yell at the other end of the car before laughing and hanging up. He comes up to me and pulling his gun out and pointing it at me, "My buddy just called me and said you a cop, that true?" "Dude, chill. Do I look like a cop? I'm just trying to get a transaction done for a friend." "Move in," Voight says over the coms. Next thing I know "CHICAGO PD DROP YOUR WEAPONS" and *pop pop* 

**Don't hate me, please.  I feel like that was a really back interaction but.**