The Stars will Keep You Safe

Start from the beginning

"..........Violetgrass. As bleak as the name is, and doesn't leave much for the mind to think about, it is a....pain killer." Xiao says. That would make sense, why else would he take it while he's in pain?

"Do you buy it personally? I've heard the name before, but all I know is that it's super expensive because it's hard to make." Venti asks, intrigued.

"......No. It's given to us by our leader. Though, I'm not even sure he's paying for this shit since he always complains about being poor." Xiao says, mumbling the last part. Xiao takes notice of his blood stained clothes, "hm......" is all he had to say about it.

Venti decides to drop the question that's been on his mind, "How...are you able to withstand so much malice?"

However, when Venti decided to ask the question it had been too late. Xiao started really squinting, looking really tired and relaxed. It seems the drug, called Violetgrass, has finally kicked in. Venti sighs gently, as the malice around Xiao gets smaller and smaller. Malice feeds off of feelings, and when those feelings are numbed, as such with the drug, it fades away. The feeling depends on the person, whether it be they get mad, sad, lustful, joyful...malice will overtake it.

When the malice had depleted, Venti was able to get closer. Xiao slowly loses himself in the drug, as he starts drifting away. Before he was able to fully, Venti said one final thing, "Don't worry, i'll make sure nobody loots off your body while you're knocked out! A bard's promise!" With that, Xiao's body goes limp and he falls asleep. The malice is totally calming down at this point.

Something occurred to Venti, how the scene would look to an outsider. So, he decided to deal with that first.

(︶︿︶)

It became dark outside, as the bluish-purple overcast of the night drifted over. The stars started to come out and watch over all who slept under them. A gentle and chilling breeze swept the field's of Mondstat, which made a sleeping Xiao shiver gently. His eyes open slowly, his vision becoming more clear slowly. Violetgrass tends to make one have a small moment of blurriness and blindness, but just for a very small moment, when it forces one to sleep.

Xiao sits up, groaning. He checks his person, and fair enough, nothing had been stolen. One thing he did notice though....was his previously blood-stained clothes had been...cleaned. He looked to his left and saw Venti, sleeping soundly on the grass. He had his stomach laid on the grass, and his arms under his head to cushion them, like a pillow. Xiao did notice that Venti's hat was missing as well.

Xiao stared at the unknowing bard, and that's when thoughts started going through his head. It occurred to him that he has Mondstat's strongest fighter, helpless, within his grasp. He could easily kill venti if he wanted too. He could kidnap Venti as well. But, that being said.......

Xiao quietly scoots over to Venti, and uses one of his hands to gently brush Venti's braid aside, the one blocking his face in the position he's in. Once he put that braid over his shoulder, he used that same hand to gently brush the remaining pieces of hair that covered his face.

Xiao, feeling how soft Venti's skin is, wonders how someone who looks this frail, and feels very fragile, could harbor so much power. He may act like it, but he knows better than to underestimate Venti. He's heard a story, maybe it was just a rumor as Liyue's walls are thin, and gossip spreads around fast, that Venti has killed someone very powerful. Someone that even the mafias couldn't touch, and trying only brought death for their members. He also finds Venti quite interesting as well, and decides that it may actually be in his best interest if he does try to talk to Venti. Sure, Venti is unaffiliated with any mafia, but that doesn't mean he doesn't know the secret's that Mondstat may hold.