~ chapter 2 ~

i had a headache a bad one, a never ending one. it was worse than a headache though worse than a migraine as well. it seemed like everyone else in the hospital was feeling the same way and strangely everyone was in sync. we all got up at the same time, and pressed our hands to our heads as well. this town may have just gone crazy.
i couldn't remember anything from the night before, i knew something had to happen but i couldn't quite put my head on what it was. everytime i tried to think about it i couldn't my head hurt too much to think but what i did know was that i had to treat the patients. i got up as quick as i possibly could...at least before dr. avery. however as i got up i realized so had dr. avery.
"dr. avery" i exclaimed walking past him
"dr. kepner" he replied with a hint of mystery in his voice. i ignored it as i moved on. walking past him trying to find dr.miller.
"dr. miller" i called
"dr. kepner what can i do for you"
"are there any patients i need to check on"
"w-" she started
"actually i was wondering can i scrub in on a surgery with you today. i really need the practice"
"why yes you can i have a whipple proudcure in
a couple of hours. you can prep the patient in room 201. here is his chart."
"thank you" i replied walking away to prep the patient. take that avery i thought while laughing out loud. unfortunately at that same time dr. avery was walking by.
"what are you laughing at" his voice echoed in my head before i realized what was happening.
"oh...umm" i stuttered trying to come up with an excuse.
"yea ok" he laughed. confused, i laughed along with him then his voice got deep "you know you can't keep thinking about me all the time" he laughed again, whispering in my ear "on call room, 8o'clock". and continued walking down the hall
i couldn't stop thinking about what had just happened but i had more important things to think about i am finally going to be able to scrub in on my first wipple.