She was forever changed and it was all because of Abir.

But now, She didn't know what to do. Forget all that happened and just concentrate on her new life with him? After all, she loved him right? Wasn't it enough?

She sighed. It didn't seem enough anymore. However, that didn't offer her any relief. If she couldn't be with Abir, How would she tolerate the heartache? How would she forget that she was so very much in love with him?

She had no idea.

But she knew she couldn't stay in this room any longer. Wearing only one earring, she ran out of the room and went to Naksh's study. Maybe some liquid courage would help her forget her messed up heart for a while. Entering the room, she halted just inside, surprised to find her brother seated behind his enormous desk, staring off into the distance. He turned toward her at the sound of her feet on the floor, and she watched as a shadow passed over his face.

She saw him as he said her name, his voice barely more than a whisper.

Naksh : Rhea!

Mishti didn't know why but her tears welled up once more.

Mishti : I'm sorry. I didn't know you would be here.

Naksh : Shh! Come here. Sit down.

Both of them sat in identical sofas that faced each other. Mishti pulled her feet under her as she smiled slightly at her brother.

Mishti : You know, when I was younger, I used to sneak in here all the time and watch Papa work. I used to wonder why he was so busy all the time when he was the boss. After all, he owned the law firm, Did he not? I used to think his employees were very rude and unfair.

Naksh nodded at her words and smiled.

Naksh : I felt the same way. Imagine my surprise when I discovered that all those things actually make work, and that Dad wasn't pretending.

Mishti : It was just some time ago that we were in here and you asked me to live a little and now once again, I'm back here. So little has changed. And yet....

Naksh (quietly) : Rhea?

The tears came then, silent and quick, running down her cheeks. She shook her head, looking down at her lap, worrying the fabric of her dupatta.

Mishti : I thought I could change him. I thought I could get him to love me. But... But I was wrong.

He sat for a long time, considering his words carefully.

Naksh : Rhea... love grows. Not everyone has an instant love match like Mom and Dad. Like Kuhu and Kunal. Abir has been alone for a long time.

Mishti : I love him so much, Naksh.

Naksh : Why can't you consider that he loves you too?

Mishti : He placed a wager on me and never told me, Naksh.

Naksh : And I am furious with him for that, Rhea. But... I cannot imagine that the wager was anything more than a point of ego for him.

Mishti : Is his ego more important than my self respect?

Naksh : Ofcourse not. I was ready to kill him for doing this terrible deed. However, I don't want you to jump to conclusions yourself. You deserve answers, Rhea. And don't find them yourself. Make him give you those answers. It's your right to ask and his right as well. He needs to give an explanation.

Mishti : I don't know if he cares for me at all.

Naksh : That's ridiculous, Mishti. I can answer that question for you myself. He does care for you and I tell that because he came to me before he proposed to you. I know he cares for you. A lot. That's why I allowed him to ask for your hand.