003. GOODBYES AND HELLOS

The car began to hum as I climbed into the front seat, popping my body down next to Bella, my best friend from Holmes Chapel, besides Harry. I watched Bella as she unlocked her phone and swiped to Snapchat, pulling out her camera and beginning to document everything.  "Hi guys, we just arrived here in London and my foot feels like it's gonna fall off, but that's besides the point." She giggled, making a small smile grow on the corners of my lips.

"Here's a wild Maggie Anthes, caught on tape. She's currently being watched in her natural habitat; phone land." She laughed loudly and zoomed into my face, making me look up from my phone and roll my eyes.She played back the video and giggled to herself as she watched it, then posted it. I sat in silence and stared outside of the car window and waited for the driver to finally start the car and take us to our hotel.

"By the way, Bel, I'm going to Harry's show later." I blurted out. I don't how she'd would react but they don't really have any other options, I had already told Harry I would be there. I wanted to be there.
"Harry who?" Bella asked carefully, I widened my eyed at her with a 'duh' look, telling her 'the Harry you think it is'. She squinted her eyes at me and made a weird face.  "Why? You haven't seen him in like three years. What's gonna change now? You can't just take his famous-ness away." She answered.

"I don't know, Bella. I think it's time I reach out and see him, you know. I miss him, too." I told her and stared at the road ahead.  "I get it. I mean, you guys were like an old married couple." She giggled and I just nodded at her. But secretly to myself, I smiled quietly at the idea of people viewing Harry and I that way.

The hotel came into view, and the driver parked in front of the hotel. Bella and I grabbed our own bags and quickly scurried into the hotel, careful not to draw too much attention to ourselves. Surprisingly, Harry Styles fans were and will forever be detectives. They can use a picture of Harry and a girl from 5, 10 years ago and find her walking down the street five minutes later. We entered the hotel and checked into the front desk then made our way up the elevator, and parted ways into our own separate hotel rooms.

I stared at the view outside my room, it was very big and quite regal as well. I quickly captured the scenery with the flash of my phone camera and went to lie down on the bed before releasing a sigh. Was I stupid for driving all the way to London, only to possibly be disappointed? Besides, I don't think anything other than a friendship could come out of Harry and I anymore.

I pulled out my phone from my back pocket and I quickly composed a text and sent it to him. 

hey, we just arrived at our hotel. the venue is still on for tonight ? - Maggie

I threw my phone down onto the cushioned bed and forced myself to step away, muting my phone, because I knew the second I heard it go off, I couldn't resist myself from dropping everything for Harry once again.I exited the bathroom and dressed myself up in a simple oversized sweatshirt and shorts before sitting on the bed with my phone.

Yeah, do you not want to go anymore ? - Harry

no of course i want to go, i was just asking - Maggie

This was going to be the first time I'd seen Harry in about 3 years. I still remember helping him with the split of One Direction, which was something he had really struggled with back then. I'd like to think that now he's happy, and comfortable with himself. At the end of the day there would be no way to tell except for seeing him. Of course I've seen pictures of him online, I've noticed that he's cut his hair, gotten taller, and finally started to outgrow the world famous Chelsea boots. He looked happy, at least from the pictures I saw.

I like the music he produced, it fit his vibe well. I was proud of him, and I was proud of the person he's become. Whenever I look at those pictures, I still see the kid from Holmes Chapel with the curly brown hair, big smile, and wouldn't shut up about the X Factor. I stared back at the time, somewhere around 5 pm. The show began at 8, and it took Bella an extremely long time to get ready. I shot her a quick text and got up from the bed, beginning to do my hair and makeup.

I wanted to arrive at the venue early, because I couldn't handle not catching up with him before hearing him sing those songs while I sat in the back of the venue, wishing I could just speak. Songs like Sweet Creature, Two Ghosts. I couldn't help but think that maybe, those songs were about me?

An hour had passed and I found myself waiting outside of Bella's door like usual, waiting for her to finish getting ready. I cant think of a time that Bella had actually been on time. "Come on, this is important. Put your shoes on and let's go." I pleaded, hitting the side of my fist against her door.

"Dammit, I'm coming. Wait five more minutes." She squealed from inside of her hotel room. It was not going to be five more minutes. "Bel I don't have time for this, just meet me at the venue and hopefully I'll see you when you get there." I replied and glided down the hallway, stopping and waiting at the elevator door.

I adjusted the bag on my shoulder which contained the gifts I brought for Harry, somewhat of a 'Congratulations on this Big Ass Tour' gift. The elevator door popped open and I brought my eyes to the floor, stepping inside and moving my body into the corner.

"Mags?"

THANKS FOR READING

VOTE / COMMENT

© someghoststories