seven

"told you i'd be here," harry smiles, bringing me in for a bro hug.

"yeah, just about," i tease, giving him a small playful shove. "come on let's go,"

we jump into harry's small ford fiesta (which he bought himself, he won't let me forget) and head off to the party.

when we pull up, music is pounding from the house, cars are parked all over the front garden, people are swarming the balconies and strobe lights emanate from the windows. typical house party.

we step out of the car and find heather and niall walking up the path towards us.

"hey! 'sup lads?" niall greets us, patting us on the back.

"ah, not much, just arrived," harry smiles, giving heather a hug. i try to do the same but she turns on her heel and quickly jogs up the steps towards the house. i turn to see if anyone noticed, but niall and harry are still talking. i shrug it off.

we make our way up the steps towards the house, and head inside. we're greeted with people grinding on each other, drinks being sloshed onto the carpet and sweaty hands roaming bodies. teenagers.

"i wonder if louis and jo are here yet?" i speak aloud, standing on my toes to try and catch sight of the two.

"come on, let's do a quick lap," niall tugs on my arm to pull me through the dancing crowd. we dodge around couples and groups through the sitting room, in to the dining room where beer pong is being played. it still surprises me how they get all this alcohol.

we battle our way through the dining room, in to the kitchen where i find smoke filling the air. people are passing blunts left right and centre. it seems every room has a designated purpose, at least some of it's organised, albeit illegal purposes. we're about to pass into the game room when i spot zayn sitting on a counter surrounded by girls. he's blowing smoke all over them, and they all giggle, wrapping their hands around him. the sight makes my heart sink a little.

"come on! i think they're in here," harry ushers me from behind, pushing me in to the next room. i tear my eyes from zayn and quickly duck into the next room. there, we find louis, jo and heather sprawled on a couch, passing a blunt between them. i take the empty seat beside jo, niall squishes between heather and louis and harry places himself on a stool beside the couch.

"hey! the whole group is united!" louis shouts, throwing his arms around us all. well, most of us.

"woo!" harry awkwardly cheers, left on the outside of the group hug.

"james! grab us all a drink!" louis orders.

"who died and made you king?" i grumble, pulling myself out of the tight squeeze.

"i've always been king, took you this long to realise peasant?" he laughs. i shake my head at his choice of name and head back to the kitchen. i'm a little wary considering who's in there, but i decide if i slip in and slip out i can avoid as much embarrassment as possible.

i reach the high stack of beer bottles, and i notice on the way zayn's groupies are all gone and he's chatting with one of his friends. i count out six bottles of beer and i'm just about to make it out of there when i hear some one calling my name.

"hey, hey! james! hey!"

i turn around and zayn is motioning at me to come over. i quickly think over my choices; either go over and make an ass of myself or go back to the group where it's safe. but, there's a chance he's too drunk to be able to remember?

"hey zayn, how's it going?" i greet him, standing beside him.

"it's going, um, it's going," he seems to lose his train of thought, but then suddenly he seems to regain his memeory, "it's going good man!" he laughs.

"that's good," i laugh with him. his laugh is so melodic, his eyes crinkle at the sides and the corners of his mouth turn all the way up. he looks beautiful. even if he piss drunk.

"ok, ok, so tell me, are you single?" he questions me, pointing his finger at me.

"yes i am, why?" i'm suddenly very nervous.

"oh no reason," he trails off, "well, there is a reason. i lied. i have this friend who i know for sure likes you. and i know you're batting for the other team. he is too! well he think he is," he rambles on. his friend beside him saunters off.

"well who is this friend?" i really couldn't give a rat's ass about his friend. i'm more interested in the guy i'm looking at. in fact i have been for the past three months.

"well, em," he pauses, and looks me directly in the eye, "it's me,"

every single bottle in my hands smash on the ground one by one.