Chapter 62 (edited)

Start from the beginning

And it made my stomach turn, I'd never seen that look in her eyes. I almost pitied her.

I leaned down. "It'll be okay."

I let her walk out of my hold and watched her stepped towards Falman.

Marcoh put a hand on my shoulder, he leaned in. "Watch out for her." He glanced at her. "I've seen her like this before but... never this bad."

(Hunter's POV)

I looked into the bathroom mirror. The scars were completely healed and hadn't left behind any mark. The vision in my eye was back again.

Sure, I was happy that I could see again and that I wouldn't have reminders of my failure. But.. it made me feel like I'd taken the easy way out-

I closed the bathroom door behind me and walked into the bedroom, I had finished packing.

And then door downstairs opened and closed, and footsteps come up the stairs. I turned and met Roy as he walked into the bedroom.

He quickly looked around the room before picking up my bags. "It's been a while since I've been here." He kissed me.

I smiled as he walked out of the room, taking my bags downstairs.

"Falman will be here soon." I called after him.

"Yeah." He sounded muffled.

I laid on the bed and waited. A few minutes later and Falman came into the room. "Hey." I watched as he took the spot next to me.

"Hi." He got himself comfortable. "So, what time are you guys leaving?"

"Early."

"Ah, I'm sure it'll be nice out there." He nodded. "What about Armstrong and Miles?"

"They're leaving tomorrow. I'll probably see them at the train station tomorrow." I stared at the ceiling.

"Is the Colonel really planning on transferring back East?"

I nodded. "He figured it would be easier to get to Ishval that way. It'll be easier if we base ourselves at Eastern HQ again."

"Ooh." He nodded. "I do miss the East.. Do you think you'll ever go back North?" He glanced at me.

I felt.. empty, numb. "Maybe some day, but not for awhile." I felt like my life was in pieces, and as soon as I fix one, another piece breaks.

It's like drowning but you just don't fucking die, you're stuck. And no matter what you do or how you do it, you can't help it.

Everything that I knew how to do, everything that works, doesn't fucking work anymore.

So what am I supposed to do now? How- how do I help myself?

I keep looking for the answers to this problem but I can't find any and no one has the answers for me so-

What?

What do I do?

The door opened. "Hunter, can you-" Roy stopped dead in his tracks, he put his papers downs.

I guess it's time to push it down. I looked at him. "Can I what?"

"Wha- uh. What's going on..?" He stepped closer.

"Gossiping." Falman put it simply.

I nodded in agreement with him.

"Oh." I grabbed his arm. "I have to tell you about that bitch Rebecca." I just remembered.