𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘷𝘦

Start from the beginning

"sure"

-

it didn't take long to get up the hill, akaashi let you walk ahead claiming he would grab a blanket and catch up. so there you stood basking under the lit moon, brisk air pressing ur face with a simple touch.

you heard the grass crunch quietly behind you, not bothered knowing that it was most likely the setter approaching.

"it's less humid than i thought"

you nod and help him lay out the blanket under the big tree. you mentally sigh when you lay down, how absurd it must be to think akaashi could be the one you've been texting and teasing this whole time, though it might not be as absurd as you think. he's analytical and logical, not to mention smart! certainly, he can loosen up as keiji has.

he hadn't sat down yet, he just stared up at the scattered night sky. you couldn't blame him- it looked quite beautiful tonight.

"something on your mind?" he quipped.

all you could hear was the cicadas chirping, and the ringing in your ears. "i suppose there could be"

he looked at you as if he'd been waiting for you to go on. "oh! no no no it's fine! really it's nothing haha" you shook your head, you didn't know if you wanted to open up about it quite yet. maybe you could just, enjoy the moment.

akaashi finally sat down beside you, laying down to where your shoulders touch. each time one of you moves, your shoulders brush slightly against each other.

"l/n-san"

"hm?" you turn ur head to him.

your faces are inches apart, so close that you could almost feel his breath. you'd hoped that it'd be too dark for him to see the blush creeping onto your cheeks, but he just,

smiled?

you look a little shocked, confused, and sorta like a "what the fuck is going on?!:!!?!" but you don't back away.

he grabbed your bandaged hand, "how is your finger feeling?" he slightly chuckled as he questioned.

"is this really what you wanted to ask" you roll your eyes, "it feels a lot better. you were right about not moving it too much- so it doesn't really hurt."

he closed his eyes and chuckled, "did kissing it make it better?"

your hands rush to your face and you shake your head, "knock it off~" you chuckled. "seriously though," you peak through your fingers, "thank you for bandaging it and everything, I do appreciate it, akaashi."

"of course, l/n-san"

he turns his head back to the sky, but you couldn't help but look at him. a part of you sort of wishes he's keiji. you'd most likely never tell him, but in a way, you've developed feelings for him. he used to be so serious and dry, and of course, he still has his punctuation, but he's loosened up so much, he's more comfortable. however, you also feel like akaashi has too, they really are so similar, but does that mean they are the same? you like akaashi. you like keiji.

you suppose you might wish they were the same because of this fact. you've never had a crush on two people that could POSSIBLY be the same person before. alas, you are too shit scared to try and ask.