Monday, March 12th.

Start from the beginning

On Monday I tried to go to school as late as possible so I don't have to talk to either of them. I passed the gates when the bell rang and I didn't talk to anyone until lunch. 

"So who are you going to prom with?" Megan asked me as soon as she saw me.

"I haven't really thought about prom. Maybe Cole?" I said.

"He hasn't asked you yet?"

"Look we have to perform our play in a month and everyone on the drama club is really stressed out to think about prom right now" I said.

"Isn't that girl, Lacy, on the drama club?" Megan pointed at someone across the hall.

"Oh, yeah she is"

"Jake Wallace asked her to prom yesterday and she said yes. I also heard she has already bought her dress. No time my ass" Megan said.

"Who are you going to prom with then?" I asked her.

"I don't know. I have a lot of options but still I'm not sure which on is perfect" she said and I rolled my eyes. "I'm thinking about Hero. He looks pretty lonely lately"

I froze at his name. "Is he going to ask you?" I asked.

"Everyone on the basketball team is, silly" she laughed. "Except Jackson. He's still too hung on that fat sophomore" 

"Can you not talk about people like that for a second, Megan?" I straight up told her. "I'm getting a headache" 

"Gee, some people hate the truth, I guess" 

I didn't say anything else. It was pointless to argue with Megan.

As soon as we entered the cafeteria, balloons started flying everywhere. 

What the hell?

And then Cole appeared in front of all people. Holding a quitar.

Oh God. 

Everybody was quiet as he started singing to me. 

I probably looked very uncomfortable and everybody was staring at me.

The only person who didn't even give me glance was Hero. He was sitting on his table with a fork in his hand like he was about to poke his eyes out. 

Cole came even closer as he sang the last line of the song.

"Will you go to prom with me?" he said giving me a rose.

Now, how am I supposed to tell him see-i-cheated-on-you-with-the-guy-i-told-you-not-to-worry-about-and-well-i-dont-know-if-you'll-still-want-to-see-me-in-your-life. 

But everybody was staring and was waiting for my answer. And I wasn't planning to humiliate Cole in front of everyone like that. 

So I just said "sure" and everybody started cheering. 

And then Cole pulled me closer and kissed me.

More likely killed me because Hero was glaring at me like he was going to murder me any second.

'After I kiss you, you won't kiss anyone else. Promise me. I won't take it'

And even though I knew that, I willingly still kissed him. And now I'm kissing Cole.

AHHHHH

"What a lame promposal" Megan said when we broke apart.

"You don't have to like everything we do, Megan" Cole snapped at her.

"I'm just saying, if I was at Jo's place I would have said no"

"Well you aren't at Jo's place" Cole said as he stepped closer to her. "And maybe that's what's bothering you"