Chapter 31

AGAPE step backwards and went to her seat again. She sipped to her tea and crossed her legs.

"Name it, whatever you want, " ulit niya.

He didn't flinch a bit and just stared at her, with his forehead creased.

"Can't you do the grocery at day?"

She chuckled. "I'm busy, " she shrugged.

"Looks like you're not, it's still working hours but you're here at your home, " he bluntly said.

"What? I'm working at home. I got Aira get my paperworks, right?"

"I saw it, you can finish it for just a couple of minutes, " he answered, sounding like he really knows how business works.

"It's a lot of work, " giit parin niya. "I told you to don't ask, right? I just need a driver whenever I want, including midnight. If you want, then that's good. If you don't want, then obviously.. not so good, " she maintained a calm expression.

"Not good means?"

Napangisi siya. "Hmm, I can't fire you easily since Aira is an excellent employee. She might resigned. So let's say, calling you at 2am, with you still sleeping at your faraway apartment, and asking you to drop me off at the nearest bar within 3 minutes. If you exceed in the time, then I'll fire you immediately. Reason? Incompetency. Aira won't resign since it's not my fault and you're the one to blame. "

Mas lalong kumunot ang noo nito. "You're going to a bar that early?"

Napairap siya. Sa dami nang sinabi niya kanina, 'yun lang yata ang naintindihan ng lalaki.

"That's the perfect time, " she lied. Of course! Hindi siya pumupunta sa mga bar! If she's drinking, her house has a mini bar inside.

"It's not. If you want to drink, you can inside your house. There's a mini bar inside, " nagbikit-balikat siya.

Agape frozed at her spot. How did he know that there's a bar inside of her house? It's located in the second floor of the house, which looks really hideous from the visitor.

"Did Thena told you?"

"What?"

"The mini bar upstairs, " kalmado niyang sabi. There's an idea forming at her mind. But she doesn't want to recognize it. No.. she won't.

He looked away. "It's just a guess. Wealthy family has something like that, " he explained.

Napatango siya. "Not everyone is drinking though, " sikmat niya.

"It's already included in the house's architecture. It's up to them if they will use it or not, " anito.

"Oh. I think you know a lot about house's structures, " she clenched her fist.

Is he playing with her? Hindi siya tanga. She can read between lines.

She's observating Archer since earlier. He talks like he's used with everything. Like he knows everything.

Aira once said that their former home was far from civilization area. It's a small village in Northern Luzon that it's too isolated that even the provincial government are having a hard time to go there.

There's no electricity. Cellphones are rare. Ang nagkakaroon lang yata ng cellphone roon ay ang mga nagsibalik galing sa lungsod para maghanapbuhay.

Though, Aira's boarding in the city when she reached the college. Hindi nga lang niya natapos dahil namatay ang mga magulang niya, at nasunugan pa sila.

Agape's wondering why Archer acts like he knows how city works. Ang sabi ni Aira, nawalan ito ng alaala. But I think.. he's not. Or.. maybe.. he already recovered all of his memories.