30

The school bell rings and everyone cheers as they get to finally leave the school. I close my books and put them into my backpack. I walk up to Mr. Han while he was also packing up to leave. He smiles when he notices me.

"I would like to participate in academies." I say, coming to a decision.

He nods his head and walks over to his desk. He reaches into a drawer and pulls out papers. He walks back over and hands them to me. I take them.

"These are the times and locations of the courses you need to take. You need to earn up to three hundred credits. To be honest, it doesn't matter if you take a majority of one course, all the school cares about is the credit number."

I scan my eyes through the papers and look back up at him with a smile.

"Thank you so much." I say, bowing a little.

He smiles and hums.

"I'll be going now." He says, excusing himself.

I nod my head and watches as he walks away. An arm is looped through mine. I look to my side and notice Jugyeong. I instantly smile.

"What's this?" She asks, pointing to the papers.

We make our way out of the classroom and down the hall.

"I have to go to some academies in order to catch up, you know, since I missed a lot of school."

She 'ah's'. I groan.

"Well, it can't be that bad, right? You're smart." She says, nudging me a little.

I smile to myself.

"Yusoi." I hear someone call out.

Jugyeong and I stop and turn our heads to look behind us. I see Seojun approaching me. I smile and unlink my arm from Jugyeong's to turn fully around. He stops walking up to me once he is close enough.

"Do you want to go on another date today?" He asks calmly.

I glance over at Jugyeong and she looks at me confused. I look back to Seojun.

"I should really catch up on my school work." I say, not really wanting to do it.

His face falls from my negative response.

"I see." He says.

"Maybe we can go out this weekend? I might be free then." I say.

I extend my arm so my hand can take his. I squeeze his hand lightly and smile. A small smile grows onto his face.

"Okay." He says.

I smile and let go of his hand. I turn back around, but I look back at him and wave. Jugyeong catches up to me quickly, linking her arm again with mine as we walk away.

-

"Jugyeong, what are we doing here?" I ask as we get off of the bus and walk to the mall.

She drags me along quickly, pushing past a few people that I then need to apologize to. We walk further into the mall and reach an elevator. She presses the button. The doors open before I could say anything and she drags me inside, pressing a floor number and the doors close. I turn to her, seeing excitement written across her face. The doors open and she drags me back out and into a cosmetic's store. I look around at all of the vast displays of makeup and skincare products. The store was lit up brightly from the white lights, pop music playing in the background. She stops in front of a display and gasps.

"Perfect!" She says, grabbing a lip tint from the shelf.

She swatches it and smiles happily.

"Did we come here exclusively for a sale?" I ask.