𝟙- 𝔸 𝔽𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕚𝕘𝕟 ℙ𝕝𝕒𝕔𝕖

Start from the beginning

Dumbledore took this moment to take in the tiredness that shined from the Doctor's eyes, he could distinctly remember Bertha was a hardworking student who always pushed herself to succeed and it's clear in the last 30 years nothing has changed. You can tell a lot from someone's eyes you see, they tell you a story.

"Yesterday a young girl came into my ICU in, well I really will say, one of the worst states I've ever seen. It's a miracle really that she's alive, it has left a lot of my doctors and nurses completely dumbfounded which is why I stepped in. Sometimes miracles do seem to happen here but this just seemed beyond the usual muggle miracle. Whilst examining the girl I noticed the flowers beside her withered when she winced from pain, before quickly returning to normal. Which leads me to owling you." The doctor continued.

"You believe she is a witch?" Dumbledore questioned.

"I am certain Professor." The last gave a nod with this statement.

"May I see her?"

"Of course Professor, I must warn you though she's not in a good condition..." Bertha quite visibly gulped, "like I said earlier, it's probably one of the worst cases I've ever seen."

Holding open the office door for her past Headmaster, she took a moment to recollect herself. This job wasn't easy at the best of times yet sometimes a patient just seems to tug even harder at your heartstring. Opening her eyes again she looked to see Dumbledore studying her before he walked out her door.

"May I ask why she was admitted to hospital in the first place?"

"Abuse."

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Albus Dumbledore had seen a lot in his life, it was no secret that he was renowned as 'the most powerful wizard of all time'

Albus Dumbledore had seen a lot in his life, it was no secret that he was renowned as 'the most powerful wizard of all time'. Whilst that seemed an amazing achievement and title to many, only few would think to remember that this 'title' meant he had to witness a lot of tragedy too. But Dumbledore almost never showed any sign of woe or suffering; instead he was always seen with a twinkle in his eye and a reassuring smile to all. Tonight though, that twinkle was almost gone, his brows drew together and that gleaming smile was instead replaced by a thoughtful frown.

Sat at his large English walnut desk in a beautiful circular room he looked up to see a colleague walk in and take a seat in the armchair opposite him. This lady looked stern on first impressions, with a no nonsense policy and unemotional front she was known as someone you wouldn't want to upset or disappoint. But deep down this truly was just a facade; this lady was loyal and protective with one of the biggest hearts anyone could have.

"You called for me Albus?" The lady asked.

"Yes, thank you for coming so promptly Minerva."

Minerva looked at her fellow colleague, but above all friend, not many times had she seen Dumbledore without a smile. But there was no evidence there at all of any attempt to smile, not even a forced one. Dumbledore popped a sweet into his mouth, something he often does when he wants to calm some nerves, before he continued.