two: gimme what i want

Start from the beginning

Now that was an interesting proposition... What would the Malfoy from before last night's conversation do? He needed to do that, but just a touch nicer now that they'd bonded.

"You're not that bad of a roommate once you clean up after yourself," he mumbled. "There, is that good enough for you?"

She barked out a laugh. "Malfoy, it looked like someone was pulling your teeth when you said that, and you even somehow managed to throw an insult in there. No, that does not count."

He retaliated with, "Fine, you try it. See how it feels to say something nice about me."

Granger's face grew uncertain. "Um... you have... nice hair?" Her face grew more and more red before she burst out laughing. "Okay, I have to admit I see your point," she acquiesced.

"So you'll give me that, but not do the dishes. Great. And I was hoping to get somewhere with this." Draco shook his head slowly, a thought forming in his mind. "Oh, Granger? I have a proposition for you."

Taking one look at Draco's evil genius grin - as she told him she called it - she shook her head. "No way. I want no part in whatever insane idea that's prompting that," she gestured to his face, "look on your face."

He baited her purposely - he knew she could never back down from it. "It's an idea that I think would make us get along better. And here I thought you wanted us to be friends," he said solemnly. "Silly me. Oh well," he stood up, stretched, and slowly made his way towards his bedroom door.

Three... two...

"What is it." Her voice was completely flat, forming the words as a demand instead of a question.

A-ha.

"I propose a bet," he said maniacally, whirling around with his shit-eating grin back on his face. "We each make a list of..." he thought before landing on, "seven things we genuinely like about each other. We have a month to do it and then we present it to each other and explain our reasoning. If you can't produce a genuine list, you do the dishes my way," he finished with a flourish. This, Draco thought, was one of his better ideas.

Granger's face was one of hesitant shock before she scrunched it up. "Why seven?" she asked.

Draco shrugged at her. "I don't know," he said, "it was just the first number that popped into my head. Isn't it supposed to be a magic number or some shit? Don't overthink it Granger, it's just a bloody number."

She humphed in response, and he watched her while waiting for her to process his offer. He knew - if the growing determination on her face was any indication - that she'd accept.

"And if I win?" she asked. "What do I get?"

He shrugged. "I don't know. We can figure that out when you think of something you want." He thought. "I won't use magic for a week? No, I know – you have unlimited access to the infamous Malfoy library for the rest of your days," he elaborated dramatically.

Speaking up quickly, she said, "I'll do it for the library."

So predictable. It was incredible.

Nodding slowly, she looked him hard in the eyes before standing up and coming up to him. She stuck her small hand out, and his blood ran hot as he took  in his for a firm shake. "I accept your terms."

Excellent.

-

Hermione was entranced, watching the smoke escape her sparked joint and drifting its way up to the ceiling before dissipating into nothingness.

Theo was on the sofa beside her, and her feet were propped up on his lap as he sipped leisurely on his glass of Firewhisky. "Do you think it gets sad?" she asked him.