X┆ 【 Exposed 】

Days passed after the incident on that building with the huge masses of nonbenders

Days passed after the incident on that building with the huge masses of nonbenders.. most known now as the "The Declaration" day when Amon showed his true powers.
This news where classified of course, not wanting the public to start panic about this and especially benders. It wasn't just hard on them, but after the incident, (Y/N) locked herself in her room much to slim's annoyance, and she even tried her best to avoid anything associated with Korra. She didn't want to speak about what occurred, even if mentally prepared, her mind wandered on how in disbelief Korra was.

3 days ago..

"S-Since when— how—?! Why did you keep this hidden?"
"K-Korra, calm down, maybe she has her own reasons. It's big, no, MASSIVE deal, but you're overwhelming her—" Bolin tried calming down Korra, even if he wad still recalling the traumatic experience he just had.
"How can I stay calm?! (Y/N), answer me! For how long?"
The avatar frantically asked, the sudden attention towards her wasn't helping the already sweating hands she had. She took a deep, tired breath and looked at the frantic avatar.

"Longer than you where born, Korra. But if I was a airbender, carelessly using my powers, wouldn't that raise questions? There is only one known airbender family, imagine if they've know I existed?"

"But you can now! You could've said it earlier—"
"What could've I said to them? That I suddenly can airbend? I was terrified to tell anyone about it. I was scared to be out casted again and— and be accused of lying! And I didn't want to ruin Aang's reputation.. and Katara's trust.."

After that conversation happened, she just left before revealing more, leaving Korra stunned as well as her friends, who now know some small context at least.
Ugh.. I cant believe I let myself get embarrassed like that! Im supposed to be a well renowned nonbending detective.. what if this came to light?

(Y/N) groaned, sitting on her bed, pondering on what to do besides staying at home sulking over miscommunication. If they accepted her or not, only fate will tell.
"I'll just go over to them and settle this manner like adults. Sulking over me having wind manipulation wont be good, especially after the Equalist investigation is still ongoing.."
(Y/N) sighed, she was indeed too old to be acting like her younger, naive 17 year-old self.

"Even with this, my worries haven't withered..."
She held her hands together, swallowing a lump stuck in her throat and had a determined look now. "You're a grown women, (Y/N) Tianfu. Heck, I'm a detective, I should know how to handle this."
Annoyance lingered in her tone, now she started leaving the comforts of her apartment to call over her shirshu, mounting on her to make her way to the isolated Air Temple Island.
"Let's go, Momo."