Charmed, I'm Sure

It's only been 45 minutes.

45 minutes and I'm considering yanking my hair or stabbing myself with the fork I'm currently using.

Seriously, this whole dinner is filled with Harrison charming the pants off my mom, Charlotte shamelessly flirting with Chase in front of my brother, my little brother Sean chatting with Zane and Lance about God knows what and Dean kicking me underneath the table!

I kicked Dean back. Hard. Hoping he'd stop, but no. I glare at him and he gives an innocent look.

"Aria, Charlotte is in your grade. Did you know that?" Mom asks.

I look up at Charlotte.  Pretty sure I would remember her. Considering the fact that she looks like a supermodel. "No. But it's not a surprise. I'm not a social butterfly, mom." I say.

"Well I know that. God forbid you have more than two friends." She laughs.

Ok, that kinda hurt. I look down. "Hey that's ok, I have only have these losers here as friends. The amount doesn't matter, its the loyalty that does." Zane says with a warm smile. Wow, he's really insightful.

I smile back and mouth a 'thanks' to him. Mom looks down, noticing that she's hurt my feelings. "I'm sorry, Aria. I'm just afraid your lonely at times." She says.

Are we really having this conversation right here, right now, in front of Charlotte and the five?

I just shrug and try to get off this topic. I don't like all the attention directed towards me and I feel embarrassed about her pointing out my social status in front of the five and Charlotte, who is probably popular and has loads of friends.

"Well, who is ready for desert?" Mom asks.

Chase snickers. Obviously taking it in a perverted way. Luckily mom didn't notice.

"I'd love some, mrs. Ames." Harrison says politely.

Chase is sent into a fit of laughter when mom walks into the kitchen. We all look at him.  "Yeah, I'm sure you'd love some of her desert. Wouldn't you, Harr?" He giggles like a schoolgirl.

Harrison looks annoyed and smacks him on the back of the head. Dean is dying of laughter. Lance looks bored. Zane is rolling his eyes at his friends. Sean is laughing also-probably just to impress Dean and Chase. And Charlotte and Tyler aren't really paying attention to their surroundings, just having a hushed discussion. 

I probably look like I'm annoyed myself and would rather be anywhere but here, which has really been my expression throughout the entire dinner.

By the time Mom comes back, everyone is composed. My expression remains, because it just won't seem to go away.

I can feel someone's gaze on me and when I look, I see it's Chase. He gives me a wink and a smirk. I roll my eyes.  I notice Dean, who is sitting beside Chase, throw him a quick look. He looked almost..annoyed? Why would he be annoyed?  He wants to get in my pants first? News flash, I'm not easy like Charlotte over there.

"So Charlotte, your Dad is Charles Porter, right?" Mom asks. 

Porter? That last name sounds familar....

Charlotte smiles. "Yes ma'am.  The one and only." She says.

"Do you know her Dad or something, Mom?" I ask.

"Her Father is my boss," she says.

Well, that's weird. My mom works as a Secretary at a some big shot lawyers office.  I'm guessing Mr. Charles Porter is the big shot.

I nod. Charlotte looks at me. "Actually Aria, I think you know my cousin, James? Quarterback, major flirt?" She asks.

James....James Porter! Now it all makes sense. I knew that last name sounded familar. How the hell did I forgot the guy I'm crushing on's last name. I knew I had a awful memory, but dang...

"Yeah, I know James," I said cooly. Not mentioning I have the hots for him or anything.

She nodded. "James was actually talking about you the other day. He had nothing but nice things to say." She said.

He was talking about me? In a good way? Holy flapjacks!

"Really?" I fangirl before I can stop myself. Way to embarrass yourself, Ari.

Charlotte chuckles. My mom looks at me suspiciously.  But the weirdest reaction was Dean's, he looks mad? Maybe because I fangirled over someone that isn't his conceited butt.

I clear my throat and cooly say. "I mean, wow, thats nice." Way to play it cool. Nice save.