CHAPTER 9/ The Precious Necklace

Shikadai's POV

After my date with Yodo I returned to my home and my parents were literally at the front door looking at me with concerned faces " So how was the date son? Did you and Yodo kissed yet? " Mom said while dad was reading the newspaper " It went well thanks for asking. " I said when I went to the bathroom to fresh up but when I was about to go inside the bathroom dad asked me " So did you kiss her because if so congrats. " Mom tried to hold her laugh by covering herself with a kitchen towel " N-No we didn't kiss all we did was go out in a restaurant don't jump into conclusions. " Dad and mom looked at me with a funny face then immediately I ran into the bathroom and shut and locked the door. " Dang it, why did this happen this is such a drag." I sat in a corner for about five minutes then got myself together and took relaxing bath that eased my mind after I had my bath I brushed my teeth and went straight to bed.

Yodo's POV   

It was awkward yesterday I wanted to forget so bad but I just couldn't and everytime I think about it my face would heat up like I needed to dunk my head in water to cool down but still a part of me enjoyed yesterday and suddenly I heard my name called out outside " Huh? Who in the world is calling me.? " When I opened the window I saw Shikadai outside it looked like he wanted to see me and so I opened the window and said " I'll be right there! Just let me get dress okay? " He nodded and so after two minutes I came out from the apartment I was staying in " What is it do you need Shikadai? " He didn't say a word and instead he gave me little box that was wrapped in a beautiful yellow bow " I was going to give it to you yesterday but I forgot. " He tried to hide his face I took the box and opened it and inside was a necklace that looked like a heart music note " Thanks, I've wanted to have this necklace in a while but never got the chance to but how did you know I liked this necklace? " Shikadai was about to smile but stop when he told me " Simple, you were always listening to music so that gave me an idea about what to get you as a gift. " I was a bit surprised but happy at the same time and so I smiled and gave him a hug " Thanks it's perfect. " I looked up and Shikdai's face turned bright red we stared for a moment then looked away but we still kept hugging until I realized that I had to make a report to the Hokage so then I stopped hugging and kissed him on the check and ran as fast as I could and said " Sorry! I have to go now thanks for the gift! " As I ran I wore the necklace and smiled while I blushed a bit " I wonder if Shikadai is gonna be okay after that kiss. " I mumbled about myself.  

Little note: Forgive me for not posting-