Chapter 3: The Anomalied World

Hilda awoke to the same yellow shine from the sun and she noticed that Alfur was gone. Did Alfur get up without waking Hilda? At least Twig was still there with her, but Hilda had to know where Alfur went, so she got up as carefully as possible -without causing her body to contort again- and left her bedroom.

The teenage girl ended up walking into the living room to see both Johanna and Alfur trying to figure out how to write on such tiny paper. The living room's coffee table in front of the couch did help out, but not by much at all.

Hilda silently walked up behind the couch to see Alfur trying to write on the tiny paper with a normal sized pen and she could notice how visibly angry he's slowly becoming the more and more he fails. After the seventh attempt, he broke.

"DAMMIT!" Alfur yelled and stood up in a fit of rage. After his furious yell, the tall elf noticed Hilda standing behind the couch.

"Hey," Alfur softly said and began walking around the couch with hugging Hilda afterward. Johanna turned around and noticed her daughter as well.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know you were here," the Elf spoke again.

"It's alright," Hilda reassured while hugging Alfur. "I guess you got up early?"

"No. I...I had another nightmare," Alfur answered to Hilda's surprise.

"I assume Alfur told you about what he saw and such, Hilda?" Johanna joined in, still sitting on the couch and Alfur then lowered his head in shame.

"Yeah...Don't remind me."

The two separated and Alfur ended up walking back to sit down on the couch beside Johanna.

"I'm going to try this one last time. I can't go without a report today to the colony."

Alfur grabbed the pin and carefully placed it on the tiny paper, he slowly began writing the first letter and after a slight bit of force, the tiny paper ripped and Alfur's heart was broken. The elf hopelessly dropped the pin on the coffee table and placed his hands on his face before he began to cry, falling onto Johanna's shoulder.

Hilda joined in on the hug by standing behind the couch and wrapping her arms around both Johanna and Alfur without them stretching out.

"How about we focus on other things?"

"Like what, Hilda?! Writing reports has been my job since...since forever, really. And now, I can't write at all and it's DRIVING ME CRAZY!" Alfur yelled out and began to sob on Johanna's shoulder.

"Here's an idea: How about we get Alfur in a new set of clothes and then go to Frida and David's?" Johanna suggested.

"Why? I look just fine," Alfur argued.

"Walking around in the city and such, people will probably think you're not wearing pants, so that's why,' Johanna explained. "Well, I'm not. Elves dress differently than humans and I'd rather not get into specifics. I do remember some people, ones that were able to see me, giving me looks like if I'm some sort of creep. I don't know. I guess if we're going to do this then there's two color types that make me happy."

"And that is?" Hilda asked.

"Red and black," Alfur answered.

"Alright. That's the plan. Now I know where to go so I'll take us to the local clothing shop and then we come home so Alfur can get fully dressed, and then we go to Frida's and David's," Johanna simplified and she then got up to get her wallet.

"At least I'll still have my hat."

After Hilda woke Twig up and got dressed as everyone else was getting ready, everyone got in Johanna's car and began driving through the city towards wherever Johanna was taking them. Hilda witnessed the city in misery with people walking around having to deal with either them being 20ft, having to walk on crutches, or in this one case that Hilda happened to see: Two people being forced to share their bodies in one with parts being melded together like a mad scientist experiment. Their heads were fused together along with their torso, arms, legs, you name it. It was half and half of a person from side to side. It was an awful sight to witness.