I walked into the bright lights and saw several familiar faces. Oliver jumped up out of his place on the couch and hugged me tightly.

   "Oliver!" I laughed and hugged him back "Now where's my Anna?" I asked and pulled out of the hug. Oliver's face became sad. Not a little sad, but a lot sad.

   "Anna's uh. She uh. Is gone?" He furrowed his eyebrows and his eyes began to water.

   "Gone? Where did she go?" I felt an uneasy felling in my stomach. I think I already knew where she went.

    "Heaven." He walked back to the other kids.

    "What? No, oh god no. She can't be gone!" I jogged to her room which had boxes filled with her stuff in it. Her favorite blankett, the bear stuffed animal I got her, and her sketch book that we drew in together. Her clothes were piled on top of each other in several boxes. I choked out a sob then let the tears flow freely.

     "Anna..come back. I need you." I cried into her fuzzy pink blanket that smelt like her. Why? Why did she have to leave me like this. I can't do this anymore! She should've been the one the lived, I should've died. Not her.

     "Melody. Follow me." A cold voice commanded behind me. I followed Dr. Hernazi to his office and sat down in his chair crying silently. He didn't even look at me with pity, just nothing. No emotions at all.

    "I'm sorry that this is happening to you, but you're no longer a cancer patient." He stated matter of factly.

    "You're not sorry! And yeah I know I don't have cancer anymore." I barely made out his shape through my blurry eyesight.

    "And you're 18. A legal adult." HE stated again and I nodded my head.

   "I know, what are you getting at?" I asked suspiciously. He groaned as if I was stupid.

   "So you don't need to live here anymore. You left some clothes and things in your room so I packed them in this bag." He lifted a medium sized bag and handed it to me across his desk.

   "I don't have any place to go!" I shrieked. I can't believe this! What kind of doctor is he?

   "Sure ya do! Some friends, family maybe." He got up and started shooing me away.

   "My family is dead! You know that. I don't have any friends!" I tried to explain frantically.

   "Those sweet boys that took you to California. Now i suggest you leave before security comes. Come back in two weeks for a check up!" He pushed me gently out his door and shut it.

   "Fu.ck you!" I kicked his door and went back to Anna's room. I grabbed her blanket, sketch book, stuffed animal, and picture of us two then shoved them in my bag. Whenever I get the chance I am sueing this as.shole doctor.

  I hugged Oliver goodbye and left quickly before I cried again. I grabbed my phone and checked my messages and calls while I walked to the park.

15 calls from Louis, 4 from Niall, 2 from Zayn.

   All of the texts from Louis and Niall where the same. Telling me to call them as soon as possible and stuff like that. My phone buzzed again and I answered.

   "Melody? Oh god, I thought you died!" Louis yelled. I didn't die, but Anna did.

   "No, I'm fine." I said quietly. I heard someone mumble in the background then Louis talked again.

   "Where are you? Are you ok? Come back." He asked quickly. I scrubbed my nose on Anna's blanket and sat down on one of the park benches.

    "I took the ticket and took a plane home. Yeah I'm totally fine." A couple tears fell.

    "Liar. Why do you always lie?" Harry's voice entered.

   "Louis! Take me off of speaker phone." I demanded and I'm guessing he did because Harry didn't say anything.

   "Are you sure your ok? Where are you staying?" He asked more questions. I looked around me at the trees then at the glittering moon.

   "I'm staying at this nice hotel," I looked at the bench. "They've got some lovely furniture here." Not a complete lie, this was a comfortable bench.

   "You don't have any money." He clearly wasn't believing me. I don't blame him, I woulnd't believe me either.

   "I know." I sighed into the phone.

   "Then where are you?" He asked again.

   "At the park. On a bench." I said casually. Nothing he could do about it anyways.

   "Mel! What about the hospital?"

   "Kicked me out cause I don't have cancer anymore." I laid on my back on the bench and looked up at the stars.

   "They can't do that!" He yelled out in disbelief.

   "Well they did. But it's ok, I can find some place to stay tomorrow. It's late anyways, I'll just...go in walmart or something and look at stuff."

  "We have friends in London! I'll give you the address." He offered excitedly.

  "Ok." I mean, what choice did I have? Sit out here on a bench all night. I don't think so.

**********

    I looked down at the text on my phone, then up at the house in front of me. They'll probably think I'm some homeless freak. I glanced around me then slowly walked to the door. I held my hand up and was about to knock when the door opened, revealing a tall man. He was about 6'2" and had shaggy blonde hair. His hazel eyes were inviting and kind.

    "You must be Melody, I'm Jase." He grabbed my hand and led me inside to the living room. Jase must be rich, because this house is amazing. The black leather sofas were shiny and new, along with the dazzling flat screen hanging on the wall. Were normal lights should be, there were sparkling chandeliers.

   "I'd like for you to meet my girlfriend--" A familiar blonde walked down the stairs.

   "Emma." I finished his sentence for him, and he looked at me confused.

   "You two know each other?" He furrowed his brows and looked from Emma to me.

   "When you said a Melody was coming, I didn't think it would be her!" She smiled and sounded happy. Probably because I wasn't some smelly hobo that would steal their stuff.

   "We met on the plane." I bit my lip nervously and looked to Emma. 

   "Come on then, I'll show you the room you're staying in!" She took hold of my hand and skipped upstairs. "You didn't tell me you were friends with One Direction." She laughed and opened a door revealing a large white bed with a white bedside table and a white dresser. The walls were a lilac color with light blue at the bottom.

   "Wow this house is beautiful." I admired the curtians and gaped.

   "Well being Cher Lloyd's manager pays well." She giggled.

   "You work for Cher Lloyd? Can I meet her?" I looked to her hopeful.

   "Yeah! She's coming over tomorrow for breakfast. She's also my best friend so maybe I can hook you up with a back-up singing job." She clapped her hands together and left. I've always dreamed of becoming a singer, but I'm just not happy.

    I've lost everything. I don't have my parents here to comfort me or Harry's parents. His mom probably hates me for letting Harry figure out what happened. I lost my precious Anna. And I've lost Harry.

   I let the depression engulf me in darkness as I crawled into the bed.

   "Come back Anna. Come back." I sobbed into the pillow and cried myself to sleep.

*****

this story is getting really depressing, isn't it?

Well I hope you guys like depressing! hahah

For you babe, since it's your birthday. (:   linaaroaa, have a great birthday!