Part 9

*Soojin just finished taking her bath.

Soojin got dressed and walked out of the bathroom, and she saw Shuhua working hard to make food for dinner. Shuhua was so focused that when Soojin went over to Shuhua to give her a back hug, she didn't expect it.

"Oh! Soojin unnie. You're done with your bath?" Shuhua asked.

"Yeah. So what are you making for me to eat?" Soojin asked.

"I'm making japchae and some chicken soup. Is there something you wanted to eat?" Shuhua asked.

"No, I'm fine with anything you make," Soojin said.

Shuhua finished cooking and placed the dishes on the dining table. Soojin and Shuhua sat down and ate together. After finishing dinner, Shuhua brought the dishes to the sink to wash. While Shuhua was washing the dishes, Soojin thought about how happy she was to see Shuhua doing house chores; when they were in Korea, Soojin was always the one doing the chores in the dorm.

"Do you need any help?" Soojin asked.

"No, I don't. You can just sit and relax, or just watch some TV," Shuhua said.

"I'll sit and wait for you since I don't really want to watch TV," Soojin responded.

"Okay," Shuhua said.

Shuhua had finished washing the dishes, and she walked over to Soojin and sat next to her.

"Shuhua, I might sound crazy right now, but I want to ask you something," Soojin said.

"What do you want to ask me?" Shuhua said.

"I know this might be nonsense, but...will you marry me? I know that we haven't even been together as a couple for a day, but the time that we have spent with each other for the past 7 years was all I needed. So will you marry me?" Soojin asked.

"I wouldn't say that the past 7 years wasn't fun, but we do know each other long enough to get married," Shuhua said.

"You don't have to answer me right now," Soojin said.

Soojin turned on the TV and started to watch TV with Shuhua. While they were watching TV, Shuhua thought deeply about Soojin's question.

"I will marry you," Shuhua said.

Soojin heard that and smiled.

"Really?" Soojin asked.

"Yes. If you really want to, let's go to the city hall tomorrow," Shuhua said.

"Okay. Let's go tomorrow," Soojin said.

"It's a deal. Let's go to bed now," Shuhua said.

Shuhua turned off the TV and dragged Soojin with her into her bedroom, and they both laid down on the bed.

"Goodnight, Soojin," Shuhua said.

"Goodnight, Shuhua," Soojin said.

Soojin fell asleep after saying goodnight to Shuhua.