the test floor // ONE

Floor Two.
Evankhell's Floor / The Test Floor.

"MIC TEST, MIC TEST!" A crackly voice echoed through a microphone. "TESTING, TESTING, ONE, TWO, THREE!"

A boy with ginger hair laid on the ground, in the middle of a wheatfield. The air was cool on his skin, the sun filling his joints with warmth. But it still wasn't enough.

He needed Dream with him.

Everything he did.. was all for Dream. 

"HELLO THERE, EVERYBODY! ALL THE REGULARS WHO HAVE MADE IT TO THE TOWER.. WE SINCERELY WELCOME YOU TO THE SECOND FLOOR!"

Fundy jolted awake, hands flying up to comb through his hair.

' Huff.. huff.. What..? ' 

"THIS IS EVANKHELL'S FLOOR, OTHERWISE KNOWN AS THE TEST FLOOR! WE CALL IT THE TEST FLOOR, BECAUSE THIS IS WHERE YOU TAKE A TEST TO SEE IF YOU'RE QUALIFIED TO GO UP TO THE NEXT FLOOR!"

' The next floor..? '

"I'LL EXPLAIN THE RULES TO YOU ALL LATER. FIRST, LET'S START THE FIRST TEST! IT'S BEEN A WHILE SINCE WE'VE GOTTEN WARMED UP!" A laugh of the same crinkly quality echoed through the mic, and Fundy felt a shiver go up his spine.

' I just got here.. but I mean, I have to pass this test. '

"THE FIRST TEST IS SIMPLE! IF YOU DON'T PASS IT, YOU CAN'T GO ON TO THE NEXT TESTS! OKAY, THERE ARE 400 REGULARS HERE! NOW, NARROW THAT NUMBER DOWN TO AT LEAST 200 OR LOWER! TRY EVERY POSSIBLE MEANS!" '

 Every.. possible means..? What does he mean by that? '  Fundy gripped the Black March tighter, hoping that it would protect him at least somewhat. He had a bad feeling about this.

"READY, BEGIN!"

As the cool wind drew in the scent of freshly spilt blood, Fundy saw that his gut was proved right.

He should run. But before he could start getting out, he was stopped by a monster with a spear in his hands. The thing aimed towards him, trying to kill him- as it was shot in the chest by an archer; who was then shot by a sniper as they aimed towards him.

' If I want to pass this test..

I need to be one of the 200 survivors..! '

A good ways away from Fundy, a young boy with white-ish pink hair and a dyed pink bandanna stood looking up at what could only be described as an eldritch-horror demon. His piercing colbalt blue eyes glared up at the creature before him. "Hey there, red guy."

The flesh titan growled lowly. "What do you want?" He spat out, the boy jumping to the side to avoid the droplets of spit raining down from his mouth. "Just wanted to know why you wanted to kill me, is all," The boy sighed, hands gripping onto the bag in his arms tightly. A surprised look appeared on the creature's face.

"DON'T YOU GET IT? We have to kill each other to be the survivors! The survivors are the winners!" 

"The test.. I see. That's what the idiots think, isn't it?" The flesh titan drew back, enraged. "THAT'S ENOUGH OUT OF YOU! IT'S TIME TO DIE!" It drew its sword, striking down with the intent to kill-

And hit the brown bag that the pinkette was holding on so dearly to. "I don't think so." The grin on the boy's face could only be described as a scheming smirk, colbalt eyes glowing in the shadow of his bag. "W-What is.. this.. BAG?" The titan attempted to pull his sword out, but it wouldn't budge.

"You know, when I first heard the rules of the test, I'd figured that a good half of us would go around trying to kill everyone. And while they were all duking it out.." The boy withdrew a knife from his bag. "I'd make the other 200 of us my teammates. I will not be ruled by other's rules.. I will make my own."