Part XIII~ For Whom the Tears Fall

Hello all!

SO, SURPRISE, here's a nice (very) early update. I added this chapter in, so I'm still fine with the timeline, I'm pretty sure. I just got bored today, and thought I'd give you a Valentine's surprise. 

THE CRIMSON PEAK TRAILER THOUGH. W.ow. I don't like horor, but love gothic, and I am SO excited to see it. 

Thanks for all the birthday wishes, and happy (slightly) belated birthday, Tom Hiddleston! (Both February birthdays. WHOO)

~Music~

The Destroyer (Thor soundtrack) (Part 1)

Severus and Lily (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2) (Part 2)

The Resurrection Stone (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2) (Part 3)

~Edit~ Me

Additionally, I have a teaser trailer for Kidnapped up. It's on the side-----> 

(You can thank Crimson Peak for it.)

One late afternoon, Thea walks down the path towards the training courtyard. She is wearing some of the basic armor that Sif had lent her, which feels foreign compared to the dresses she has worn lately. Her hair has grown long, to the small of her back, and it falls in small waves. Loki had finally given her back full control of her dagger, and it hangs at her belt, her fingers brushing it from time to time.

The courtyard is filled with a bustling group of warriors practicing their skills. Lances and shields and swords clash with the brightness of the flashing protective shields as the men- and a few women- test their wits against each other.

Thea has two weapons: her dagger and her sword. She lays her sword against one of the intricately carved walls of the courtyard, deciding to use it later.

As it turns out, Fandral offers to work with her first. He is not quite as adept with the dagger as, say, Loki, or even Thea, but he is much bigger than the girl, and unusually, faster. It's a pretty evenly matched battle, although Thea's sickness has made her slightly weaker, perhaps contributing to the reason why she loses.

Fandral, however, is just as merry as ever, "Splendid job, Thea," he says with a grin, sheathing his own dagger, "Your skills have grown since I have last seen you." He claps her on the shoulder and then meanders off, towards Volstagg and Sif. Around this time, two figures walk up on the balcony overlooking the courtyard: Thor and Loki.

Not noticing them, and probably not caring even if she did, Thea spends about half an hour flinging her dagger at various targets next to some bur bushes and getting more and more frustrated- aim has never been her specialty.

"You're doing it wrong."

Thea turns around to see a girl around her age, but that's where the similarities end. She is tall and athletic, while Thea is short and thin. This girl's eyes are so dark, they are nearly black, and she has a stunning, heart-shaped face with exotic cheekbones and arching eyebrows. Her raven hair falls down to her waist and blows in the wind in small, intricate strands.  She is holding a bow and arrow, and a knife hangs at her side.

With a small jolt, Thea recognizes her as Fjodr's daughter.

Thea does not care to be reprimanded, especially someone no older than she. And as Thea does not consider herself pretty in any way, the girl's startling beauty puts her off even more.