Bakugo shot him a glare. "We've met a few times."

"So are you friends?"

"Not even close," Bakugo said, rolling his eyes. "I only ever had one friend, and I hated him. So don't bother trying to buddy up to me, it doesn't work."

"If you hated him, he wasn't really your friend, was he?" Michi asked. He had to admit that part of him—namely the part that still went by Izuku—felt touched, considering he was the only one he could think of that Bakugo could be talking about.

"He was a good friend," Bakugo said with a challenging look. "He was just also really annoying."

Michi shrugged. "I can be really annoying, too. Whaddyah say, feel like adding one more person to that list of friends?"

"Fuck off," Bakugo said again.

"Come on, man! We could be the dream team! The two top scorers in the entire entrance exam, the best U.A. has to offer. Just think about it!"

"There's nothing to think about," he growled. "I'm going to be the one to surpass All Might, and the rest of you extras are just going to watch me."

Before Michi could respond, he heard a booming voice declare, "I... AM... COMING THROUGH THE DOOR LIKE A NORMAL PERSON!" The entire class stared as All Might himself burst through the doorway, then strutted to the front of the class. 

"No way... it's All Might!" Denki gasped, helpfully declaring the obvious to anyone that couldn't see. Or hear. He'd basically announced his arrival.

"He really is a teacher!" Kirishima agreed, just as awe-struck.

"Isn't that the silver age costume?" Tsuyu asked, cocking her head to the side.

"It's such a different style, it's giving me goose-bumps!" said tail-guy. He was kind of uninteresting, Michi hadn't learned his name yet.

"I teach Hero Basic Training," All Might announced when he reached the front of the room. "I will help train you in the basics of being a hero. This subject will have the most units for you hero course students." He started to pose while he talked, which the rest of the class seemed to think was normal while Michi tried to refrain from laughing. "Well, let's get right into it. Today, what we'll be doing is..." he paused for dramatic effect, "combat training!" He displayed a notecard with the word "BATTLE" printed across it.

"Combat!" Bakugo cheered. 

"Training," Michi reminded him.

"And for that, of course, you'll need these!" Michi gulped. This was the moment of truth. All Might pointed at the wall, and rows of packages began to slide out with a mechanical whir. "Costumes, based on your quirk registrations and the requests you sent in before school started."

The class whooped in excitement, and All Might waited for them to be done before going on. "After you change, gather in Ground Beta!"

"Yes, sir!" the class said in unison.

Michi waited, dread pooling in the bottom of his stomach, as his classmates jumped out of their seats to grab their costumes and change into them. Please, just don't look like a literal supervillain, he thought. That's all I want.

He got up eventually and grabbed the package, taking it with him to the boys' locker room to get changed with the rest of his class. He braced himself before opening the package, not at all sure what he was about to see. Finally, he pulled out...

An admittedly awesome costume. It was mostly black with bright green accents, which looked pretty cool with Michi's wavy, light blue hair and brilliant purple eyes, at least in his opinion. Since his quirks, especially his registered one, were almost entirely defensive, the gadgets built onto it were all designed to help him on the offensive front.