Chapter 1 - Her Pack

Khushi fell on the ground with a thud. She could feel the pain shooting through her legs but more than that she was feeling the pain of being mocked as everyone around her tried to hold their laughter inside but she knew better. If she wasn't the Alpha's daughter they would have laughed out loud. But it doesn't matter.. does it? They still give her snide remarks when she move around her pack. It has been like this forever. Afterall she was a girl...

She looked upwards to see her trainer glaring at her. Clearly he was disappointed with her yet again. Tarun, beta of the pack, right hand of Alpha, a well built tall man in his black training bottoms and vest made way towards her with his ever stern expression making everyone around me step back enough to not get scolded by him.

"Where is your attention khushi? Is this the way you are going to lead the pack? And is this why I agreed to train you?" he seethed in anger clearly disappointed with her performance.

Khushi got up slowly dusting off dirt from clothes and looked at her right side to see her friend giving her sad expression.

She took deep breath "I am sorry. It won't happen again." She looked towards the ground avoiding his deep blue eyes which were boring into her.

"Everyone, 10 rounds of the pack borders, NOW.." he shouted his command to all members present in the training ground.

Everyone murmured about her, cursing her for the punishment they are getting due to her and left the ground before they get more of the scolding.

Her freinds were last to go as they know it will create more problem for her if they stayed. Giving her look one last time they left place following the others.

Tarun looked at her for a while "I owe everything to your family and this wonderful pack.. You know that.. right?" She nodded. "This pack is everything to me khushi.. the legendary Bharini pack, the first werewolf pack made by the Goddess and her descents.. the pack with golden history of giving Alphas and warriors who saved our kind and packs in each worst phase, in every war. And you are the heir to the most powerful Alpha of the packs known to us. I wanted you to lead the pack after your father..that's why I wanted to train you personally but if this is the way you will...."

"Will it happen anyway?" Khushi cuts his talk midway.

"What do you mean?"

"We both know it will never happen.. And you know what my father really wants me to do isn't it?" She looked in his eyes while he couldn't look at her anymore..

"That's not true khushi" he said sighing.

Khushi eyes welled up "you know what I am talking about is true.. it has never happened in past and it will never happen now and it will never happen in future... If it had to happen then why are you training me differently than others? Why I get most brutal tasks and why I get worst of punishments which even omega don't get in this pack...You want me to fail isn't it? Or my father told you do this so that I quit and leave the place as soon as I get..." She took deep breath trying to hold back her angry tears.

Tarun looked at her face feeling bad all of sudden for all what he had been putting her through...

"Khushi.."

"You guys still hold me responsible for that night isn't it? Everyone in pack still blame me for it. And how can I forget I am a girl... So just tell me the punishment for today.." she said steeling herself.

Tarun and khushi both jerked at the sound of heavy footsteps.

"What's going on here?"

Narendra, third in command and gamma of the pack came towards them. He was little shorter than Tarun but broader than him. He was in his working outfit which means he is going or coming from Alpha chamber. His grey eyes looked at her then back at Tarun. But before Tarun could say anything he continued..

"Ohh let me guess.. she got defeated again.. isn't it? Looking at your face it seems I am very much right. So what's your punishment today?" He looked at her with cold expression.

"She will gaurd our western border for the next two days without taking any break" Tarun said without expression.

"Yes Sir" khushi said with same expression before sprinting towards the forest.

"Will she ever make it?" Narendra asked Tarun while he just sighed hoping she will..

Khushi did heard what Narendra said before she finally let her tears fall and shifted into her wolf form. She reached a mountain cliff near the waterfall which was her little secret place and it was near the western border of their pack. She howled loudly in pain which was not restricted just to her body but her soul.

 She howled loudly in pain which was not restricted just to her body but her soul

Stepping more towards the water body she looked into her image in the water...Her wolf was having white fur with light brown shades in limbs and  had long hairs like a mane which was rare for a she wolf. Her eyes were pure black as compared to her dark brown eyes in human form. She looked at her face but couldn't look more than few seconds. The more she looks the more she hates herself and situation she is in. 
Moving in the water she felt it colder as winter is stepping in. Diving for little while she came out and ran towards a lush grass patch. Putting her head on her paws she kept looking ahead in the mountains waiting for an answer behind her miserable life, waiting for this pain to end, waiting for the life she deserved. She was thankful for the punishment today as she can spend sometime here before she can resume her duty. It saved her going back to her house and the room she had to face once they get to know what happened today in the training and then yet again she had to go through that ordeal.

Khushi looked towards the sky praying to the Goddess to help her as she can't control herself anymore... Help her before it's too late...

********

Hey guys this is the first time I am writing such genre.🙈 I have always loved to read werewolf story and wanted to write on it but could not bring myself to write on it.😓 From sometime I am imagining my Arshi in to this genre so I thought to pen it down. 🤓 So here it is my little attempt on it. Hope you guys enjoy it.

Do share your views on it.. 😀