maybe in the morning

Maybe it was fate that lead them together. Or perhaps just chance. Either way, the pouring rain wasn't treating Laine well. Her bleached hair was muddied and she looked like a train wreck. Ripped fishnets and skirt, soaked band shirt with makeup running. And it was the train wreck that caused him to notice.

He was walking on the other side of the street, umbrella in hand and making his way home when he saw someone across the way. A girl. She didn't look to good, crying in the rain outside of what assumingely was her house. Maybe she was kicked out? His heart ached, he couldn't imagine the pain she would be going though right now. That same ache lead him to cross the street, holding his umbrella over her as his own hair began to dampen.

Her sobs momentarily stopped, looking up to the boy. Fluffy hair and kind eyes, she stared for a few moments. Was this her savior? Was she dead? A guardian angel coming to her rescue, surely that's what he was. Though, he himself wasn't so sure. What now? Bring her home? Leave her here?Laine's sleeves were blood stained, Ranboo's hair was wet. It was only a matter of time before he was fully soaked. Yet, instead of leaving her here, taking her home seemed like the better option. He held his hand out to her, large against her petite fingers. An electric current seemed to flow through them as she stood up, following him silently through the heavy rain.

Once home, he lead her in, both dripping from the weather outside. Silent, understanding, were his motions. Soon, she was on the couch and sleeping, staining the couch wasn't what she worried about right now. He looked longingly at her from across the room, wanting to know her story. He wasn't going to touch her, to fix her just yet. Maybe in the morning..