"What the— Xiao? What are you doing here?"

He turned around looking at her, with a bit of an irritated look.

"You're wreck less. I should have known." Xiao faced the demon beast in front of him with hatred in his own eyes. And the demon failed to notice how it could be ripped apart in seconds.

Barbatos and Chongyun popped their heads through the bush, watching everything.

"I think we should get you back to safety in Liyue." Barbatos quickly got up, pulling Chongyun with him.

"Is it alright to leave them with the demon?"

"Well— Xiao is really a demon himself, along with the girl over there. Metaphorically, of course." He winked and pulled Chongyun along with him.

Xiao jumped up twirling his spear in the air. Then lunged down into the demon's figure. It was truly, unsightly to Xiao.

Y/N could only watch as she was gaining her breath.

Demon dodged, and lunged at Xiao right back. And Xiao jumped back up with a large spring, just as swiftly as the wind, and just as quickly.

Which, only took a few moments to get rid of the demon that was not on par with the yaksha.

"I'm impressed, again Xiao. I never expected to see you here. Did you follow me? Oh. Did you miss me that much you couldn't wait?"

"D-don't get your hopes up."

"I don't plan to." She laughed.

"I came here with Barbatos. It seemed he wanted to have a drink with you."

"Really? Where is he?"

"He's—" Xiao was cut off when someone else decided to show up. With a slow clap. And it sounded just as sarcastic as Y/N'a remark.

"Wonderful performance." The voice Y/N did not want to hear in the slightest. It sent shivers again.

Xiao looked confused as he looked at the figure behind her. Then concerned when he saw how frightened Y/N's eyes showed.

He's never seen her frightened before.

She turned around to be met with such a sadistic, evil smile.

"I'm back Xiwangmu. Did you miss me?"

"Not at all Dolos." Her voice cracked a little. And upon hearing her startled voice, he smirked.

Xiao stood next to Y/N protectively, and knew he didn't like the new guy that showed up.

"As you can see, my powers are getting restored bit by bit. And now that Rex Lapis is dead, I won't be stopped. Once I have gotten my powers back, dear Xiwangmu. I'll come back for you." His voice dropped. "To kill you."

"You're supposed to be dead." Y/N spat.

"Hm? But I'm not. I'm alive. You thought you killed me didn't you? You and Rex Lapis both. What are you going to do once I have come to destroy you? I've started by dispersing a few of my little demons across Liyue. Such a great way to start an attack wouldn't you say?" Dolos walked closer.

Dolos was a pure devil with the face of a handsome man. How detestable. His hair was quite long, and was only to be put in a loose pony tail. His grey eyes were just as cold, and dead to her. His disgustingly unsightly smile, that would scream a sadist. He was a complete sadist. She would know, and it was first hand. He's the sole reason of her past nightmare suffering, of this manipulative man who tried to corrupt her mind to make her power his. To use her as a weapon through torture if forced marriage didn't work.

Yes. He did that.

"I don't know what happened between you two. But if you take one more step closer, I'll slice off your head in a second." Xiao threatened.

Dolos chuckled at the behavior. "You must be that one pathetic yaksha. I'm surprised you're still so loyal to Rex Lapis. I don't see why you would still continue to tend to your duties."

"I didn't expect you to understand, anyway."

"Get out of my sight Dolos." Y/N demanded. As she grabbed Xiao's hand lightly and pulled him behind her.

"Sorry dear. Did I scare your pretty little mind again? Are you reminded of the pain I drilled into you? Or did you forget that?"

Y/N's breath hitched a bit. And Xiao looked at her worried. He's never been this worried in a while. And it's all because of Y/N. He would admit it.

"I'll leave you for now. But I will, return. And you can't escape the terror." Dolos laughed like the maniac he was. Disappearing into the dark mist that appeared, as his laugh still echoed.

"Y/N—"

"We do not speak of this. You hear me?" Y/N glared. She glared. And she looked hostile for once, much like Xiao. So many emotions took over, and kept changing as the situation keeps changing.

"Who was he? You were frightened, Y/N."

"I said, we don't speak of this. Don't talk to me about it. Don't remind me about it." Xiao never thought she could get upset. But she was rather upset and frightened. He pursed his lips into a straight line startled at her complete change in behavior, and could only nod.

"I have to continue searching for something. You can leave if you want." Y/N started walking away, with a distant voice.

"No." Xiao refused, sternly. She stopped walking.

"No. I'm not leaving you. I'll stay with you."

"Why do you intend on staying, Xiao?" She threw her head into the darkening sky. It would match her emotion, and currently. It is raining lightly, but the intensity would increase.

"You didn't leave when I was in pain. Why should I not stay when you are in pain just as much?"

Y/N chuckled again. A dry chuckle. You could barely even hear it as it was drowned out by the rains intense pouring.

"I guess you're right. If you don't mind getting wet in the rain, I suppose you could tag along my dear adeptus." She had a smile on her face again. And the water running down her cheek. He couldn't tell if they were tears, or the rain. And even if she was crying, he wouldn't understand why she would.

A/N: I wanted to continue from the last chapter. So I quickly wrote one. I tried to save the "Xiwangmu" lore and past for later chapters. And I'm going to do it little by little. I hope it's not rushed. Have a good day.