Chapter One

Okay, truth is, I have no clue where this story is headed, or if It's going to actually go anywhere in fact. But that's how I start most of my stories. From the beginning of nowhere. I have no thought process and I think that's what I like most about writing. It can go anywhere. So I'll stop my incessent babbling and continue on with this lovely story. (: Please feel free to critique me in any way, but constructive criticism only please?

Oh and I know it doesn't seem like fantasy yet, but I have a feeling its going to get all like that on me. So yeah. For now, that's where it's at.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter One. Nowhere.

So I live basically in the middle of nowhere, not that my mother will admit that. She insists that we live simply in a somewhere; after all we have a Starbucks, a grocery store and a McDonald's. Oooh, aaah. I think there is a McDonald's every ten miles nowadays. But that's beside the point.

I've been sitting here, staring out of my window for the past eternity it seems like. But in reality it has only been a few days since my mother got divorced, remarried, divorced and moved us to the middle of... Well here. And that's not even the best part, all this happened over the course of a month. All in all, she's a mess, a complete and total mess. But hey, that's what happens when you live in Vegas. At least that's what she keeps telling herself. Now that we're here, I'm convinced that the only thing between me and throwing myself out the window was the fact I needed a godly GPA in order to get myself out of this hell hole my mother dug for me.

I sighed, banging my head lightly against my wall. I needed an escape. I needed something to happen.

So, guess who got the brilliant idea to go exploring?

This unlucky chick.

I threw on the warmest, most comfy, unflattering grey sweatshirt I own and wandered out the door, not even bothering to tell my mother where I was going, chances are she wouldn't even notice. At all. Oh well, her loss. Wrapping my sweater around me I started off. Fairly certain this would end in disaster. In case you haven't already pieced together the fact that I hail from Las Vegas, I am a city chick. Right down to the core. I don't even do grass most times let alone hike-alone, in an unknown forest. Wasn't I just super smart? Don't answer that.

Anyways, with all my wit and cunning I set off into the forests around midday, forgetting I might need water and y'know, food soon. But like I said, city girl. Did you really expect me to remember basic needs for going on a hike at like noon? Course not! I was just here for kicks and giggles. Why would I think of basic survival needs?

Since these thoughts hadn't occurred to me until later when I was dying of hunger and thirst as well as being completely lost, I began my hike by meandering around, not exactly lost in thought but in about the same preoccupied state of mind, so I did not pay even the slightest bit of attention to where I was headed. Until I, of course, walked into a little creek of rushing water. Just fan-diddly-tastic. "Really?! Are you freakin kidding me?" I grumbled, splashing loudly as I attempted to get out. And by attempted, I really mean fail. I managed to place my foot on what seemed to be the only slippery stone and fall head over heels into the creek. Now I was soaked, freezing cold and my stomach was growling. As if that wasn't the least of my worries, someone was laughing at me.

----

Thank you for reading<3