Chapter 9 - Y/n's Career EXPOSED!

Start from the beginning

Asch turned to the button panel and pushed all the buttons. "Take me to Leif, A-la-va-tor!" Asch commanded.

"Wait, that's not how it-," Rhys started but was interrupted when the elevator started to shake and calming elevator music started to play.

"AHHHHH! WHAT DID YOU DO, ASCH?!" Noi asked panicked.

"He's angered it!" Pierce announced.

"No, this is how it works," Rhys clarified. Noi, Pierce, and Asch didn't listen and started to scream. After what seemed like floor after floor, the elevator stopped.

"Huh, it stopped?" Noi stated questioningly. Suddenly, the elevator doors opened to Jake.

"Are you guys alright? I heard screamin-," Jake began but was stopped by Pierce hitting him around the side of his head.

"Good job again, Pierce," Noi said clapping. The four Daemos stepped out of the elevator and walked back to the apartment. "But what do we do now?"

"I say we wait," Rhys announced, shocking the Daemos.

"Wait?!" Asch retorted, "Leif could be killing her for all we know and you just want to WAIT?! "

"I understand your panic and anger, Your Majesty, but hear me out," Rhys said, earning the Daemos Prince's attention, "Leif has nowhere to turn to. This is the only place he could return to if need be. We all know not of Y/n's whereabouts so there is a chance that he could return here." The other Daemos nodded and decided to play the waiting game.

Meanwhile...

Leif and Ava had reached the park.

"You are the worst! The absolute worst! I'm sure a ton of people saw you and now we're going to get into so much trouble!" Ava complained angrily.

"Oh, I live for trouble," Leif said, sparkles appearing in his emerald-green eyes. (A.n: Thank you to the readers that notified me about this mistake; it has been corrected. For those of you who are new, ignore this.)

"No! You live to be an idiot, obviously!" Ava corrected.

Leif drew his sickles and pointed one at Ava, angling for the small female's throat. "Now then, get me more human likes or else."

"You'll kill me?" Ava asked, not at all fazed by his threat.

"You catch on quick," Leif observed, chuckling.

Ava sighed before asking, "What is it with you and being so... Kill-happy?" Ava turned from Leif and walked to a bench with a Starbucks coffee cup that rested on it. She turned back to Leif before continuing, "You know, that's a horrible thing here on Earth."

"Heh, never had somebody ask me about that before. You see, I'm a former assassin. Not to brag or anything but, in our group, I'm the second most deadly. Those who cross my path, don't live very long," Leif explained.

"Really?" Ava asked. I'm more scared of Y/n when she walks into a room than you pointing your sharp sickles at me. Ava chuckled at the thought before turning her attention back to Leif. "For some reason, you guys don't scare me or Y/n..." Ava clarified but didn't want to say that she was scared of Y/n because he would probably tell the other Daemos about it.

"That's because you both are powerful sorcerers! You obviously don't know fear," Leif said, putting his weapons away. Ava picked up the Starbucks cup and gave it to Leif.

"Right... Here. Hold this cup and pose right next to this fountain. Pretend like your going to drink it. This picture is so basic, no one will be able to resist," Ava instructed. Leif did as he was told and, soon enough, the picture was posted.