"Big, bad Kookie is ticklish, huh?" You teased.

He pouted his lips, defending himself.

"I'm not a bad boy!" It truly surprised you how he could always snatch your heart when he acted like a baby boy. God. He was so precious.

"You are! Don't you remember threatening your father and my parents?" You wrapped your arms around him while he tucked your head under his chin.

Both of you reminisced about what happened seventeen years ago.

You just turned nine years old that time. As usual, your mother insisted that you should have a big party. Your father agreed even though he was one hundred percent sure that he couldn't attend.

You and his legitimate daughter were born on the same year and same day. Of course Taemin would want to celebrate Soojin's natal day more. It was why he never attended yours.

You were only nine, but you were starting to understand that your father wouldn't be available on your special day so you didn't really expect much. You weren't as clingy as you were when you were seven years old.

You still didn't know that Taemin had another family. You just knew that he was busy at work. However, this belief had been shattered when your mother realized that enough is enough.

She couldn't share Taemin anymore. She was fed up. He never gave you and your mother enough attention. She didn't understand why he couldn't be at your party just this once.

It was a beautiful day. Your mother decided to celebrate your ninth year of being alive in your mansion's garden. The place was decorated to perfection. There were decors inspired by different Disney films, there were also colorful balloons, and delicious foods.

Your mother didn't invite a lot of people because she didn't have many friends. Besides, you told her that you only wanted to invite Jungkook and his father. You liked uncle Jong-in since he was kind to you. He usually drove you and Jungkook home after school. He even did things your father was supposed to do in the first place.

Uncle Taemin would buy you toys, get your report card in school, and teach you things only fathers could do.

Jong-in didn't disappoint you. He was early at your party too. He helped decorate the place with Jungkook.

Their efforts were in vain though. You didn't get to celebrate your birthday. What was the point? Your father wasn't around and your mother was intoxicated because of both drugs and alcohol.

"Fuck you, asshole! I'm going to ruin your family! My daughter doesn't deserve this shit!" Your mother screamed, eyes bloodshot.

Taemin had an impeccable timing. He arrived at your house five minutes after your mother decided that the party was over.

You waited three hours for Taemin. You and your mother were miserable while he was having the time of his life being the best dad for Soojin.

"Hey," Jong-in lightly grabbed your mother's hand, pulling her close so he could shield Taemin from her violence. "Calm down. We can fix this without hurting anyone..."

She couldn't be stopped though. Taemin's presence brought the worst out of her. Your mother started destroying everything she saw.

She ripped the paper decors Jong-in and Jungkook spent time making. She also popped the balloons and broke the plates.

All Taemin could do was avoid the flying things towards his direction.

"Stop it! You're crazy! Your daughter might hear you!" Taemin groaned, looking around in case you were here. He wasn't a savage. He knew you were too young to understand what was happening.