『 C H A P T E R 22 : A PROMISE』

Start from the beginning

"Yes, I get extras for them. I can't say no with their eyes begging for it."

"But you never spare some for me?!!"

"You never ask for it and it will still be in part of our budget and I can't make Erwin question me for dishonesty in contributing the food."

"But that is still unfair you are a traitor you should give me yours!" Abel leaped forward and started to neck-choke Moblit.

"Ack!"

However he accidentally pushed Ireen. The last scoop of her pudding fell onto the ground as she gasped. She tried to save the pudding to follow the 5 seconds rule for food that has fallen onto the ground but it was stepped on by a soldier passing by.

Ireen felt a boulder dropped on top of her head as she froze.

Ireen was wallowing, Abel was strangling, and Moblit was begging. 

Nifa watched Ireen and started to worry since the latter's shoulders started to shake. She tried to call her name but Ireen suddenly roared, pulling her arms up above her heads and charged to Moblit and Abel. She pounced on them screaming "my pudding, return it back! Return it back!" causing every tables nearby to turn and watch the commotion.

"What is it?"

"What happens there?"

"Did a fight broke?";

Other soldiers whispering.

Keiji stared in bewildered. His mouth was left hung open and he could feel the deep glare from their superiors. He sensed trouble. If no one putting a stop into this then one of the superiors will come forward and reprimand them, and even worse, punish them.

So he desperately trying to stop them.

Nifa was trying too. 

Everyone on the table was trying.

But they couldn't do much because the more she tried to pull Ireen away the harder she retaliate. In order to put a stop to this Nifa took a quick solution as she stole one of Keiji's pudding and immediately offered to Ireen.

That did the trick as Ireen stopped, snatching the cup immediately and greedily ripped of the seal.

Keiji wasn't amused.

He turned to Nifa demanding answer while the latter plead for forgiveness. Nifa threw comforting words to stop him from being emotional but he couldn't accept it.

Moblit meanwhile was drained against the table, sighing while Abel clutched his back in pain trembling on the bench. Ireen had hit him there harder and he was not okay.

From a far at the commander's table where the said commander along with his closed friends sat they watched the scene unfolded. Some bearing a bored look while some were in amuse.

Levi who just entered the dining hall, and just gotten his food carried his tray to the table, turned his head to look at the commotion as he scoffed.

"What are those brats being noisy about?" He dropped his tray lightly onto his table before he slide in to sit next to Nanaba.

"A pudding fight. Ireen seems to beg for more and Nifa gave her extra one to her but before she could finish it Abel accidentally pushed her and it fell. Ireen started hitting him and Moblit and Nifa stopped her with another pudding from Keiji and now Keiji is wailing." Nanaba gave a full explanation.

"Tch, this pudding? Only idiots will fight over it." Levi commented as he twirled the said dessert between his fingers.

"Ohh so you don't need it? Give it to me shorty!" Hange bellowed.