『 C H A P T E R 22 : A PROMISE』

Start from the beginning

They looked at each other's face, mind battling to either help or let it be. While some of them decided to let it slide as a side show while eating some were kind enough to try prying of Ireen's hands from Moblit, especially since her strength doubled and the force caused the bench that Moblit sitting on to rattle and effect those that sitting on it as well. 

"Moblit-san.. Please, give me more..."

At this point Ireen was truly begging. Her voice could be heard all the way to her friend's table, Jean and Eren were watching and wondering at the embarrassing act while Ray and Armin focused on their food pretending not to hear the chaos.

"Ireen, I'll give you one. Please stop this everyone is looking."

"Moblit-san pl- ehh?" A new voice caught her attention at the promisiong offer. She got a short hair in light red colour. She looked like a doll.

"Who are you?" Ireen inquired.

"Nifa, from fourth squad, Hange's squad. Here I have an extra so you can have it."

Nifa held up a cup of caramel pudding to Ireen's eyes, shocking the latter.

Ireen felt so touched. She let go of Moblit and grasped Nifa's hands instead, cupping her hands that clasped around the pudding, beeming with a largest smile possible.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!"

Ireen let go Nifa's hands and immediately ripped off the seal on the cup and scooped the pudding into her mouth. She hummed in delight, a palm cupping her swollen cheek as she mumbled words that no one could understand. The older female relaxed her shoulder, slightly laughing at the younger's attitude as she watched her scooped it for the second time.

"You really like the pudding eh?"

"Uhum~" Ireen nodded few times.

At the side Moblit was sighing. He felt so good now that Ireen had released him.

Moblit side eyed the happy-giggling teensy girl next to him. For a girl with small body like her she sure is packed with strength. Ireen reminded him of Levi so much. Small yet threatening. He was made aware of Erwin's plan and suspicions on her, but he couldn't find any to support the older male. Despite he himself barely conversing with the young girl, he still could sense the sincerity and the truth whenever she speaks. He knew she truly wanted to help Eren in getting control of his power, and had done as much as she could to help. So he never suspect any malicious intent from her.

But it was never hurt to be wary.

"Nifa, is it okay for you to give her your pudding?"

A goggled-eye man talked as he took turns looking at Ireen and Nifa.

Nifa brushed off the question with "it's fine", as she pulled out another cup of pudding from her secret stash. "I've got extra, courtesy to Moblit." She beamed a wider smile.

"Eh? Why could you have another one?"

Moblit could feel the questioning look from his teammate at the questioning extra pudding but he pretended not hearing it. He stuffed a bread into his mouth chewing it quickly with closed eyes.

"I requested for it." Nifa wiggled her index finger in pride.

"I've got it too. In fact I've got three," another member of the squad casually talked. He spooned the soup into his mouth as his eyes meeting with Abel's widened eyes.

"Why???!"

"Cause we asked for it." Nifa and Keiji spoke.

"Moblit?!!" Abel turned and questioned the vice captain of the squad. Moblit chocked on his food as he sighed.