Morning Argument

It was 8:30 a.m in the morning, the clock ticking and Laura was sitting in the kitchen near the counter table with one hand on her chin and the other mixing her cereal lazily. She looked sad. Her father, James Hutchins, was reading his daily newspaper, as usual, with his square shaped glasses. Her mother, Audrey Hutchins, was making breakfast. Her brother, Logan Hutchins, 17 years old, came down the stairs from his room for his favorite breakfast, pancakes with chocolate syrup and instead of strawberries he weirdly liked it with cucumber.

"Hola!" he as he was coming down the stairs. He was tall, kind of handsome and had messy brunette hair like his sister although hers was much more neat and silky. 

"Good morning! Look who finally decided to get up from his bed!" Mrs. Hutchins said sarcastically. Logan rolled his eyes and sat opposite to Laura. He raised one eyebrow at her looking actually confused on her appearance because she usually would always look happy and positive about everything especially these days because she was finally going to her camp she always wanted to go to. Laura didn't even dare to look at him in the eyes.

"What's up with her ?" he asked looking both at his mother and father. 

"She's been like this whole morning," Mr. Hutchins said still reading the newspaper.

"She lost some kind of paper it seems," said Mrs. Hutchins, now pouring some cold milk into a large glass cup.

Logan scoffed and said, "So what? We have loads of papers don't we?" 

"It's my paper that I need for entering the camp!" Laura said finally speaking. "If I don't have it they won't let me in because it's a confirmation paper with the parents' signature!"

"Then ask Mum and Dad to sign a paper and take it to-"

"We only get that paper once!"

"Have you checked your room thoroughly-" asked her father.

"Yes! And I've already told you that for the 10th time!" yelled Laura getting more angry.

"What's the big-" Logan started before Mrs. Hutchins yelled, "ENOUGH!  Why do we have to start an argument right in the morning?" then she looked at Laura and said, "Laura calm down darling, we will find a way to sort it out and maybe your father can speak to the Head of the camp."

"It will not work." Laura mumbled slowly and quietly that nobody heard her.

"Now everyone eat your breakfast. James stop reading and come here."

Deciding not to make a bit more fuss, Mr. Hutchins put down his paper and went to the dining table to join the others.