Chapter 13: The new teacher

"I can't believe that stupid Rose threw me into the spring, this is war now!" declared Alex as he got continually dried off by James's fire power.

"To be fair, you did dunk Rose into the water 49 times" said James.

5 minutes later, Alex was completely dry. He and James had been making their way home this entire time, Ben and Jillian had decided to remain at the festival for a little longer. Rose and Rosella also wanted to do the same, especially since Alex was now gone.

While walking back home, Alex got challenged by someone who was hoping to win against a user of a dragon god. Through a combination of his fairy piece and James's level of power, Alex ended up winning and he got a lot of fairy points as it turned out that his opponent was seriously rich.

Alex's opponent saw James in her spy suit and he was seriously in love. He wanted to hire James for unspecified reasons but Alex wouldn't allow it.

As the duo continued making their way home, they passed by a pet store. When Alex walked past a window, a kitty was there standing on it's hind legs and with it's front paws pressed against the window and it's head was following Alex as he walked by.

Soon James walked past the window and the kitty's head also followed James as she continued walking by. But unlike Alex, James immediately noticed that she was being watched. She turned her head while moving backwards and she immediately found herself staring at the kitty's face.

Noticing that James was missing, Alex immediately went back and soon found his fairy staring at a kitty in the pet store. Alex kept on watching as the kitty and James just continued staring at each other and not blinking to one another. Something also felt familiar about the kitty but James just couldn't tell why, it was just a very familiar feeling as though she was meeting an old acquaintance.

"Is everything alright James?" asked Alex.

"Not gonna lie, this kitty is creeping me out with the way it's staring at me. But at the same time, I don't wanna leave" said James.

"Then stop looking and let's just head home" said Alex as he used his thumb to point behind him.

After saying that, the kitty suddenly stopped looking at James and soon focused it's attention towards Alex. Now it was Alex's turn to get creeped out, the kitty wasn't blinking at all and the way it was staring at him felt weird. It's unusual blank expression was also making him feel uncomfortable and all sorts of weird.

"Is there something wrong with this kitty or is it actually doing this knowingly?" asked Alex as he soon sweated profusely.

"I'd like to say that there's something wrong but I feel like it actually does know what it's doing, it stared at you when you said we should just head home and forget about it" said James.

"..........Now you're making me feel bad and this kitty is weirding me out" said Alex as he tried not to look at the kitty directly but he could still feel it staring at him.

"So..........what are you thinking?" asked James.

Alex's house

Alex had decided to adopt the kitty in the end and of course he paid using his points. He had also gotten cat food and supplies like a litter box for example. However, Alex started to regret buying the kitty for a specific reason.

Upstairs in his room, Alex and James were kinda huddled together in a corner as they continued eying the kitty who had decided to lay down on Alex's bed and stare at them again while occasionally swinging it's tail.

"Ok, this was a mistake! I won't be able to sleep tonight! Can you just imagine me waking up in the middle of the night or if it's still dark out and I turn my head and the first thing I see is it's eyes just staring at me from the corner?!" asked Alex.