Well, shit. How the fuck do you give a quirk back? It's not like he could get All For One to do it, he'd probably kill the poor woman. If he could just pass it on somehow—

No, way. He found himself glancing toward the school, where All Might most likely was. The power to pass down a quirk. Could it work individually? His quest to get One For All from All Might had somehow progressed to a quest to give Mrs. Kaminari her quirk back.

"Did you really tie with Bakugo for first place in the practical exam?" Mina asked him, interrupting his thoughts. "How did you get so many points?"

He scratched the back of his neck in a show of embarrassment. "I don't really know if I should tell you guys," he said. "You probably already think I'm cheap for using Bakugo's quirk to boost my scores in the ball throw today."

"Are you kidding?" Kirishima cried. "That was awesome! It's totally amazing how someone with just a healing quirk can be so creative."

"Thanks," Michi said with a small grin. "Alright, alright. Did your exams have the giant robot come out at the end?" His five classmates nodded, eyes slowly widening in realization. "Well, Ochako was stuck under some debris that she couldn't quite reach, and it was coming up right on top of her. I ran back and helped her use her quirk to get free, and then I came up with a plan. I asked her to keep the debris weightless for just a bit longer, and while it was weightless I whirled it around and threw it as hard as I could at the robot's head. Then I had her release it, and the debris hit it so hard the head exploded."

"EXPLODED?" they exclaimed simultaneously. "How did you throw it so hard?"

Michi frowned. "It was just a discus throw," he said. "About fifty miles per hour. Not that impressive."

"How big was the debris?" Toru asked. Michi thought about it.

"I would say about a two or three ton chunk of cement," he said after a moment. He was aware of their jaws hitting the floor, and he smirked internally. "Like I said, it was kind of cheap. Ochako did most of the work, and it looked from the video like it was all me."

"Dude, you're amazing," Denki finally said. "Although, now I kind of want to try and throw three tons of weightless concrete like a frisbee. Is Ochako around?"

Jiro jabbed him in the ribs with her earphone jack, and even though Denki hunched over it and wheezed, Michi could tell he was ecstatic that they were interacting again. "Don't you dare," she warned. "You'd probably bring down a building somehow."

"Yeah, that would be so cool," Denki agreed before getting jabbed again.

The group laughed as they walked, and Michi decided he might as well play the quirk analysis card for all it was worth. "Speaking of quirk analysis, Toru, what is your quirk really?"

"What do you mean?" she asked in confusion. "I'm invisible. It's pretty obvious."

"Well, yeah, but there are different ways to make yourself invisible. For example, if light just passed through you, you would be blind because it just went through your eyes."

"Oh," she said, considering. "That's a good point. Well, I'm not blind, but I don't know what to tell you."

"Well," Michi said, grinning excitedly. "If light doesn't go through you, that means your quirk bends light around you to hide your body. And when it comes to quirks, getting down to the basics can be very important."

"So you're saying you think my quirk is more of a light-bending quirk than just an invisibility one?" she said, starting to sound excited. "What does that mean?"

"Well, it just opens up a lot of possibilities. Take Bakugo's quirk for example. If you just think of it as creating explosions with his hands, that's all it is. If you think about it as igniting his explosive sweat with his hands, though, that opens up things like my using his quirk just from getting a high-five from him."

"Do you think I could ever become visible?" Toru asked, a bit wistfully. "People complain about feeling like no one sees them all the time; you have no idea how discouraging it can get when people really don't see you."

"Depending on what we manage to find out, I think you could do a lot more than that," Michi said with a laugh. "Of course, you might have some arbitrary regulations that relate directly to invisibility, but as I see it, there's no reason you wouldn't have complete control on how light interacted with you. You could make yourself visible, you could disguise yourself, maybe you could create a super bright light to blind enemies, maybe you could expand your effect to your clothes or even other people. Quirks are crazy things, technicalities usually work."

"Wow," Toru said in awe after taking a moment to process everything he'd just said. "You've really thought this kind of thing through, haven't you?"

"Yeah," he chuckled. "I was always jealous of other quirks. Regeneration doesn't really have many technicalities I can take advantage of, so I got really good at using other people's quirks to my own advantage."

"What about me?" Kirishima asked excitedly. "Can you think of anything for Hardening?"

Michi laughed again. "I'll have to get back to you tomorrow. All that's coming to mind right now are inappropriate jokes."

Kirishima scowled, flushing slightly in embarrassment as everyone laughed. By then, they'd gotten their things and were on their way home.

"I have to go this way, guys," Michi said, waving goodbye. "See you all tomorrow!" They parted ways, and Michi walked silently for several moments before a hand landed on his shoulder, getting his attention. He just barely stopped himself from retaliating to the unexpected touch, turning politely to see Tenya Iida's intent face.

"Hey, Tenya. How are you?" he said.

"I'm doing well, thank you," he said. "I was really surprised by Aizawa sensei, though. He really impressed me, but I can't believe he would lie to us just to motivate us."

"He wasn't lying," Michi said with a shrug. "Last year, he expelled an entire class. I guess we all just really impressed him."

"Even Mineta?" Tenya asked incredulously. Michi winced.

"I guess," he said, sounding unconvinced even to himself. They looked at each other for a minute, then shrugged in acceptance and kept walking.

"Hey, wait!" called out a familiar voice from behind them. Ochako was running towards them, her usual bright smile on her face. "Are you two headed to the station? We should go together!"

"Ochako!" Michi said. "Where were you? Everyone was asking how I did so well in the entrance exam, and when I told them, everyone wanted to ask you about your quirk. They all think you're super cool."

She froze, her face going bright red even as her smile stayed fixed on her face. She tripped and almost fell, but Michi and Tenya both ran forward and caught her before she hit the floor. "Thanks," she said, still bright red. "What did you tell them?"

"I told them what really happened. You did all the work," Michi said, hands on his hips. "I'm just giving credit where it's due."

"How did you do that, actually?" Tenya interjected. "I thought you just had a crazy strength quirk, but you said today that you only have Regeneration."

Michi nodded. "That's right. Ochako used her quirk to make the cement block weightless so I could throw it, then released it right before it hit. It was amazing."

"You came up with that plan in the moment, just a few minutes after you saw her quirk for the first time?" Tenya asked in awe. "That's even more impressive than using your own strength! And Ochako, you were able to execute his plan perfectly, on your first try! You guys are amazing!"

Ochako, who had started to get her blush under control, was once again the color of a tomato as she tried desperately to shove more of the credit onto Michi. Michi wasn't having any of it, and he kept bickering with the two all the way to the station.

All in all, it was a pretty fantastic first day of school.