Chapter 5

Craig's POV

"What if we did kiss?" That blurted out of my mouth as if by nature. At this point I'm running on adrenaline and rather than flight I was facing this head on, I grabbed Tweek's hands afraid that he might run away. I focused on his face which was becoming more and more flushed with every second that passed, his chest standing still as if he forgot how to breathe. Our eyes met but he quickly averted them by looking down at our intertwined hands.

"C-Craig, what's this about?" He muttered out. His shoulders and neck twitches started acting out like crazy, he usually doesn't twitch around me unless he was super stressed or startled, which made me feel like such an asshole to put him through this. Should I just stop this? This is probably a mistake. I felt my heart being squeezed in my chest, my own face becoming red out of embarrassment since it seems like Tweek doesn't feel the same. If he felt the same wouldn't he also be eager to kiss me? What was I thinking, to suggest kissing when 'this' was all an act. This is bad, I have to chicken out and retreat.

Bearing through the pain, I let go of his hands, forced a smile on my face and chuckled.
"Got ya! Hahaha, you should have seen the look on your face dude." I rarely smile so this fake one felt like I was going to break my face muscles but anything to put Tweek at ease.
"Wait, huh?" He said as he looked at me bewildered, finally seeming more relaxed.
"It was just a little joke, sorry if I got you riled up there Tweek" I tried brushing off the situation and doing damage control. I reached over his head to ruffle up his hair for light banter. In an instance, however, Tweek slapped my hand away.
"Don't fuck with me Craig! That was a shitty joke, but I shouldn't be surprised if it's coming from you!" I've seen Tweek mad at me before, hell, we even fist fought in 4th grade and he kicked my ass. But I've never seen him so pissed off, his eyes narrow and eyebrows furrowed, with fists by his sides. 
"Wait-- Tweek..." He went for the front door, jumbling with the door knob at first.
"Get out!" he yelled as he slammed the door in my face. What the fuck just happened?

Tweek's POV

What the fuck just happened!? I was shaking from all over my body, and I felt like ripping my hair out. Stupid Craig! What did you mean by that, you were joking? I stomped up the stairs into my room, slamming the door behind and threw myself on my bed. I never knew dating would be this hard. 

"'What if we did kiss?'" I say out loud to myself. Kissing Craig huh, it... doesn't sound too bad. His lips pressed against mine, while his heart beating close to mine. I bring my fingers to my lips, if only he didn't mean it as a joke. Suddenly tears were forming at my eyes, what a joke. I felt bad yelling at him, but if I didn't I was afraid he might make a joke out of me again, and everyone else in this town does so already. "What if my dream was just a bad omen, trying to tell me that me and Craig will never actually like each other..." I think my body was running on adrenaline this whole time, because I was finally winding down from my high and slowly drifting off to sleep. 

-----------------------------------

:D Author here! Was listening to "Kiss a Boy" while writing this and listening to BL book ratings. Spring break is here! Yay! I'm hoping to write at least 2 more chapters this week! Don't forget to comment and vote <3 My heart does a little jump whenever I see a new reader like!