Chapter 2

It was at that moment where you sat snuggled up to Margot by the fire that you realised you were exactly where you needed to be in life. The Princess had always been very creative, which you found stemmed from when she was younger. Her passion for music was one of the things that intrigued you most about her. She loved to play the grand piano you'd both recently bought that sat in the study. It was carved from the most expensive wood with your initials embedded into the side. The chair was made from plush with a soft coating of leather over the top, sewn together with red thread.

"It appears my sister has had another one.. a boy. Edward they've called it" said Margot, raising her eyebrows and looking up from the newspaper. "Oh really? I was convinced that he was going to be a girl" you giggled, looking back up at her. "And what an ugly girl he'd make.. God help him if he turns out anything like Andrew he is one unpleasant thing" she sighed, before you both burst out into laugher. "Margot you can't say that he's your nephew" you laughed, as she sipped upon her wine. "I can do and say whatever I like and whatever I please my love daughter of a King, sister of a Queen as you may say" She said, delighted that she had still had some sort of connection to her title despite it being removed. "I do suppose however, that we make a trip to the Palace to see this nephew of mine what do you say my darling?" she giggled, for it was clear the wine had gotten to her. Since living in Kensington, that was another thing you'd noticed. Margaret had cut down on her drinking and cigars.. you didn't know whether it was happiness or fulfilment that had led her to do this but it made you beyond happy to see her smile and her glow and to hear her laughter echo through the rooms. "Maybe tommorow?" you giggled, helping her up before deciding it was time for the both of you to go to bed.

Your bedroom was fairly large. It was much bigger than the rooms back at Buckingham Palace but then again, much different. Your walls were painted with a deep emerald colour that was consistant throughout the room right to the wardrobe. There were designs and patterns carefully drawn onto the ceiling which was painted a brilliant white. At the far end of the room, stood your bed. Margot had clearly opted for the largest bed she could find with the most luxurious pillows and quilts far more extravagant than the ones you'd originally had back at the palace. In the room, there was quite a large windowsill. To make it seem less empty, you added a a vase full of Margot's favourite flowers which radiated the happiness and warmth that came not only from the room, but from the house itself.

After you'd eventually convinced the very drunken Princess that it was indeed time for bed and finally reached the top of the stairs after her stumbling into a few walls or so, you helped her undress into a silk nighty and combed through the chocolate curls until they ran smoothly down her back. Once you'd also got yourself sorted, you got her tucked into bed before quickly nipping down the corridor to check on the children. To your delight, both Sarah and David were fast asleep in their beds completely unaware of what was going on in the world around them. Sarah's room was one of your personal favourites within Kensington. It was painted with a delicate pink colour with a great canopy bed fit for a royal Princess. On the left hand side of the room, there was a little dollhouse. You knew how much she enjoyed playing with them despite putting on the cover that she was too old. Near to the windowsill, there was a dressing table. It was a creme coloured one that came with a matching buffet and circular mirror in the shape of a moon. Beneath the table were around three draws that held everything she valued most dearly. Despite there being a clear age difference and a difference in personality, Lady Sarah reminded you a lot of the Princess with her quick wit and her passion for music and literature. She was a sweet girl, that remained positive in the most unlikely situations and filled everyone she encountered with light and laughter.

David's room was entirely different. It was much more modern with a darker sense to it. You adored the coolness and the mysterious vibe to the room which was painted in a dark, grey colour. On the right, there was a bookcase filled to the brim with books from fiction to non, from books about the great war to books about different activites to do in Australia. His bed was made out of a darker wood and quite bigger than Sarah's. The sheets were dark with complex patterns and personalised designs drawn on. It was quite strange being in this environment, with children and with The Princess Margaret. If you'd of perhaps asked yourself where you'd be five years ago, you would've most definetly not thought of this - being a motherly figure to two wonderful children and still being with the love of your life, who disregarded all titles that were so important to her, for a chance to be loved and to give love.

Once you'd eventually made it back to your room, you climbed into bed to be met by what seemed like a million hugs and kisses off the Princess. "Go to sleep, silly" you giggled, at how lovable and funny she became when she'd had something to drink. "No" she pouted as she continued to show you endless amounts of affection. You eventually tried to ignore her but still kept her close and under your warmth as she eventually nodded off to sleep. You smiled to yourself at the fact this was something you were most definetely going to hold over her in the morning, when she would most likely wake with the most delightful hangover. As you snuggled into her, you breathed in the perfume that gave you the greatest sense of comfort and then finally, you too fell straight asleep as you both slept intertwined in each others arms.

A/N
I hope you enjoyed <3