The betrayal

It was a beautiful evening in the village and it was calm and quiet. Esther was making dinner for her family... or rather for herself, considering the fact that she was the only person there. Everyone had found an occupation outside.

But the silence was broken by a cry full of sorrow and pain. Esther came out of the house to find her son, Elijah, covered in blood, carrying his love, Tatia. The mother shocked seeing the dead girl.

"Mother, I... I killed her..." he said, trembling. Elijah falled to his knees and put his beloved on the ground. His face was covered with tears.

The woman felt sorry for him. She approached her son.q "Everything will be fine, my child... But no one should see her. We don't have to get caught." she said, trying to calm him down. "Now clear up and I will fix the mess."

The boy rubbed his bloody hands maniacally, looking at them and trying to clean them.

"Don't worry, son, we'll clean. The important thing is to be clean." Esther said.

"The important thing is to be clean." he repeated quietly, as if enchanted by her words.

Esther made sure there was no sign of the incident. She collected the blood, just in case... After all, it belonged to the doppelgänger of the Petrova family. The both of them were in the house now.

Suddenly Mikael came in shouting. "Slut! How can you not punish this bastard! I will give you what you deserve!" He had clearly seen what had happened... then he drew his sword.

Elijah got angry. "I won't let you hurt my mother."

"If you want your mother to stay alive then you'll help me calm this bastard, that you call brother, down." Mikael replied.

The Mikaelson boy had always protected his brother from Mikael's hands but he also didn't want to see him hurt their mother.

Later that evening, Klaus had finally come home because he was hungry and couldn't hide from Mikael anymore

Elijah came out and assured him that he could come in. "Don't worry. Father is sleeping." he said in a whisper to his brother. Klaus, unaware of what would happen, believed him.

Out of nowhere Mikael came, grabbed the younger brother from behind and put his sword around his neck. "Dare to move... boy." he said threateningly.

Klaus was shocked and hurt. He realized that his closest brother had betrayed him. "What are you going to do with me...? You've already turned me into a monster." he said sadly.

"You will get what you deserve for your weaknes, you bastard!" cried the man he had called his father.

The father had Elijah tie Klaus up and Esther was taking blood from him

"Please, brother... let me go!" he begged his brother, struggling to get out of his grasp.

Elijah chose to remain silent and continued to bind the other boy treacherously.

Esther was casting a difficult spell using the only moonstone of its kind. She dipped him in Tatia's blood, then Klaus' and marked him with the stone.

It was so painful that he screamed. He remembered the words he had said to his father last full moon... "Father! It hurts!" and he insulted him by saying, "He's a beast ... An abomination..." Klaus was in the same pain right now as when he unlocked his curse. But this time the pain was more emotional than physical because of the betrayal. At that moment he sweared to himself that he will make everyone pay for their actions.