Unbeknownst

It feels so good to be  so young and have this fun

and be successful

I'm so successful 

______________________

10 years later /early 2013

Alex :

"Alright lads I canny think of anythin else to write, I'm genuinely stumped for an idea so unless you have any, I think it's about time we all get going" I say as I pack up the insanely expensive guitar and place it over my shoulder.

I think of calling everyone back together to see if they want to have another go but maybe a bit more...under the influence.

But ultimately I decide against the idea mostly because I'm starvin and want to get some sleep.

We're at sage and sound recording studios in LA and I could not be more unhappy about it. There's so many people in LA that just won't get out of your face, whether they know who you are or not.

I doubt anyone in America really knows the obsession with our band since we're british but hey ho, we need to record somewhere.

And this somewhere is pretty... Extraordinary if I do say so myself.

When I stand to reveal my also not too shabby car I stare in happiness. This car is the only constant in my life apart from the band. I mean the music could stop at any time. I could just lose the will to want to write music, or no one will want to listen to it. Our music could be labelled as "out of date" according to some press, but what do they know about music? All they have to do is criticise artists on the music they make. The reporters and the critics aren't the ones spending hours in a studio with a headache because they can't think of a bridge, or a chorus or a hook. They aren't the ones with people constantly breathing down your neck to keep yourself relevant.

They are just there to make you feel like the music you are creating isn't good enough for their standards.

So the car is what I have. Call it stupid but this mercedes is the sole reason I wake up in the mornings and haul myself to the studio.

I mean if you had the money to buy one, to drive yourself everywhere and let people know that's YOUR car, you would. You are the one driving it. They may not know that for the longest time the only mode of transport you had was your bicycle, or that you had to catch lifts with other people just to get to work. But right now they get to see the version of you that you built for yourself. That your hard work has paid off. It's exhilarating.

I set the guitar carefully into the back seat and buckle it in to make sure it doesn't get damaged on the rather short drive home. Although I'm particularly hungry so I decide to go to a downtown pub just to get my mind somewhere productive.

You know what they say, you eat and or drink a lot of alcohol... you produce great life changing music.

An amazing quote from... me.

You never know maybe having a few tequila's and a burger will get the creative juices flowing. The labels' getting on our backs to release an album cause they can't get their other artists too. And we haven't released one in a couple of years and they deem that it's time we DO release something.

I pull off the road just south of the Melrose hill and into a small little bar across the road.

From the outside you would think that it was rundown and disgusting whereas on the inside once you walk in it's like a hippy decided to come and set up a circus. But in the best way possible.