Chapter 12 part 1

Lilith

I'd recently been being treated like royalty. To an extent.

I was still kept in the basement. But at least they didn't lock the door unless they were leaving to go get stuff. I had a nice bed, regular toilet breaks, got to shower twice a day (that basement stunk and the smell always managed to cling to me) and was allowed to wander around the first floor.

I was called up to the office by Eliza, insisting that he wanted to see me. I say he because I am unable to remember his name. I keep wanting to call him King. Every time I did however, Eliza decided to beat the heck out of me, pushing me to the floor and kicking my stomach. I hope I will be able to have children in the future.

I knock on the door of the office and enter. There stands my beautiful mate. Daniel! My wolf screams.

I refuse to move, certain that something bad has happened.

"Hello Lillith." That wasn't Daniel that just spoke. His lips didn't move. "You shall show your beloved mate around the place and tell him how hospitable we have been."

Hospitable? Pfft yeah totally. Getting beaten up every day is completely hospitable.

"Are you listening?"

"Yeah." I said. No, I thought.

"Good. So you know that Daniel is now staying here with you? He gave himself up for you the poor boy. What he doesn't realise is neither of you are leaving now."

Daniel finally responded.

"That wasn't our deal! You filthy scumbag! How could you? The deal was that I gave myself up for her freedom! How could you go back on that?"

"I want to ruin your father. To do so would give me the crown." D said.

"Haven't you read the news? I am now king! And Lillith is my queen. You have no right to the crown at all. You are not a royal, and you never will be Dérange."

D gestured towards the door and Eliza opened it.

"Off you go."