➤ twenty - eight . . .

Start from the beginning

"Oh, sorry! I was just talking to some students." You said linking your arm with his as you glance back at the group once again.

"Then, I'll get going now. Keep up the good work!" You encouraged them, waving your hand at them.

"W-wait!" Ichigo shouted, which made you stop from walking and waited for her to tell you what she needs to tell.

"What are you doing, Amano?!" The blonde whisper-shouted at the girl, who didn't spare him any glance.

"Uhh... Are you in the same age as us?" Her question to you was somewhat odd and weird. Isn't it obvious that you're older than them? You let go of Yukihira's arm and glance at them again. You gave the girl a closed-eye smile.

"No. I'm already in my first year in High School." You answered, as you waited for a few seconds to see if she has any other questions. But it seems like she was only curious about your age.

"Don't you know Y/N Kinoshita?!" The blonde guy whisper-shouted again, as they started to fight like an old married couple.

"Oh right, before I forget. Ichigo," you called out the girl.

"Uh- yes?" She replied, a bit scared of what you were about to say. Are you going to scold her again? Hope not.

"Here's my number. You four are always welcome at Totsuki Academy if you ever need my assistance." You said in the most kindest tone you could ever let out, handing her a piece of paper, written inside was your phone number.

You waved at them and faced your back and started walking, Yukihira's arm went its way to your waist and started walking also, matching your pace as the four younger teenagers watched your figure slowly disappearing.

.

.

.

.

.

.

System smiled, viewing the scene from a different angle as Y/N proceeded to the car with Soma. Despite being nothing but a programmed machine in a game, system still managed to feel joy whenever the girl managed to find her way to proceed to the next level.

"Don't you think she's enjoying herself too much, System?" A hand was placed on the system's shoulder, the skin— almost like a coded hand— felt like burning the system's code.

The system sighed, looking behind to see the other system— another version of the code but corrupted. The color of the cloned system was darker, the numbers and code being more visible on the skin. Red lines were dripping from their eyes and a mischievous smile was planted on the face.

System sighs and says, "Don't be such a killjoy. She's enjoying it." 

"Just like the others?" The other system brought up, looking over the window of the different angle. The window to the codes of the two systems world couldn't pass through, they were to only watch. The other system placed their hand on the window, watching the particles melt to her corrupted code. 

System pulled the hand away from the window, their eyes full of fear and hesitance.   

"Hey, I get it. You're scared, System." The corrupted system said calmly, still maintaining the manipulative and villainous aura. 

"But in the end, dear old Kinoshita needs to make the choice. We've seen the others make their choice. Some thought logically while others fueled their selfish needs,"

The corrupted system hovered their hand over some piece of code and pressed a group of numbers, a TV like scene appearing in front of them.

"And as a result were to stay here without our assistance." System sighed. It was the hard truth. Y/n seemed to be enjoying this universe that she had forgotten her own world. The one where she is fighting for her life due to a crash.

"I just hope she's one of the few lucky."

The corrupted system scoffs, "I doubt that."

They look at the other system, their eye just hovering over the different parts of the code that showcased the other people who chose to live here. They were either on the streets with no food, in shame and embarrassment, or simply living their own life with a different identity.

Corrupt: 

System: And I took that personally