"I'm really sorry Camden." I repeated before closing the car door behind me.

I knew him too well to know that it was best to be away from him for a few minutes while he was so pissed at me. We were both extremely explosive and would most definitely say things we both would regret later on. He was one of the most important people in my life and I knew I could trust him, I just truly couldn't think of a way to start this conversation and tell him what has been going on for the past two months.

***

"Take the next left." Alex told me guiding me to his house. My mom picked me up from school after I told her about my fight with Cam and allowed me to borrow her car for the afternoon.

Thankfully, I was able to avoid both Cam and everyone else in my friend group the whole day. Well, everyone but Bea since she was in half of my classes and I had practice with her first thing in the morning. I told her about the fight with Cam and she also seemed to take his side a bit, saying that I have, in fact been really distant, but she said that she trusted me and that whatever I was doing probably had a good reason.

"Yeah, we're here." Luke who rode on the front seat warned me.

"You stay in the car." Julie pointed at the two boys. "Me and Lei will knock on the door and deliver the letter just like we did with Luke. Be right back."

"Do you ring the bell or do I ring the bell?" I asked nervously once we were just two steps from the door to the house.

"I can do it." She chuckled lightly with my nervousness. "They are acting so weird. It's like they don't even acknowledge that they are leaving forever." She stops suddenly before ringing the doorbell.

"I've noticed." I sigh looking back at the car where the two boys just talked like nothing was going on. "They are in denial. They didn't even want to say goodbye. What if we go back and Alex is already gone?" I start stressing out.

"Remember what we talked about? He probably also has something to do with Willie. He won't just be gone right now. He can't." She reassured both me and herself. She took a long breath in before pressing the button.

We held hands while waiting for one of Alex's parents to open the door but instead a little girl came running out to open the door. We could hear the loud voices inside, probably a family party or something.

"Thalia, come back here!" Her mother came running after her. She looked just like Alex. "Hi! How can I help you?"

"Is this the Mercer's house?" I ask timidly. The woman crouches down and picks up the little girl, smiling kindly at us she said yes.

"We found this letter in my garage and it was addressed to Peter, Laura and Joan Mercer. We searched for you and finally found your address." Julie told the little story we've been rehearsing.

"I think it was from Alex Mercer." I spoke carefully to not scare the girl away. "Him and his band used to rehearse there." I add. A little hiccup escaped her lips before her shaky hands grasped the piece of paper in our hands.

"Joan, what's taking so long?" An older woman came after her. She looked at us confused before her eyes stopped on me."What's going on?"

"They brought a letter from Alex." Joan sobbed barely being able to hold onto her daughter who looked at her mom worried.

"Mama what's wrong?" Her little soft voice was heard as she caressed her mom's face.

"Where did you get this?" She gasped ripping the envelope apart to find the huge paragraph that Alex wrote.

"We found it while cleaning the garage. I know it's where the boys used to rehearse." Julie explained.

Alex's mom started reading the heartfelt letter and tears started streaming down her face. Joan stood next to her also reading the letter while me and Julie just watched rather awkwardly. Joan almost lost her balance and I stepped forward letting her catch her balance on me and catching the toddler that fell from her arms. I can't even imagine the pain they must be feeling.
Eventually, two men also came out from the house and tried to comfort the woman who cried uncontrollably in front of us.

"We should give them some space." Julie whispered into my ear. I nodded and put the little girl down smiling at her while she just looked frantically between her grandmother and mother who spilled their eyes out.

"Thank you." Joan smiled through the tears. "For searching for us and giving us this. It means the world to us." She elaborated.

We smiled before saying goodbye and walking to the car where the two boys waited with their eyes now glued to the distraught family.

"They loved you so much Alex. Never doubt that." I hugged the boy tightly but slightly awkwardly due to our positions in the car.

He sobbed into my shirt and the other two people present joined trying to comfort the blonde. After a few seconds and him definitely not crossing over we all pulled back.

"Why is it not working?" Alex stressed.

"We think you have unfinished business with Willie as well." Julie admitted.

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

AN I'm cutting the chapters a bit shorter so that I can actually publish chapters without making you wait an eternity.
I hope you are enjoying and remember I love you guys so much and if you need anything just know that my private messages are always open and I'm happy to listen to you guys and try to help in any way I can <3