𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟑

Start from the beginning

"You remember this?" She asked excitedly, shoving the frame in his hands. 

It consisted of a photo where all of them were young and cheerful. Technoblade, Wilbur and Y/n were in the picture and seemed to be having a great time. Techno on the other hand, had his eyes narrowed and didn't look very amused. You could see the ghost of a smile on his lips though. 

Ghostbur smiled as he looked at the picture, but that soon morphed into a frown. 

"I'm really sorry Y/n, I don't." He apologized, his eyes full of defeat and a hint of frustration. "I try, I really do. But it's like trying to catch smoke. Right when you think you've gotten it in your grasp, you open your hand and see nothing. I'm really sorry."

"Hey, it's alright. You don't need to remember everything, and I think I got too excited. It's magnificent how you remembered something from long ago, though." The girl comforted, putting a hand on his shoulder. 

He smiled, before something caught his eye. 

"What's that?"

The ghost gestured to a long piece of cloth. It had a grayish brownish color, with a sort of black cape that was attached to a hood. It was a bit worn up, judging from the tears and some dry blood stains. 

Y/n recognized this jacket, (How could she not?) but it seemed Ghostbur did not.

"Oh, well... this is- sorry, was... well, it was-" She started to explain, before her eyes went blank.

✩。:*•.───── ❁ ❁ ─────.•*:。✩

(I was listening to the song Eleven by Kyle Dixon Micheal Stein ((This is coming from a Stranger Things fan-)) when I wrote this part of the chapter, and I recommend you listen to it while reading this as well. :)

"It was never meant to be."

Wilbur smiled in relief, as Philza's eyes were wide with astonishment. There was a short silence, as Phil still tried to comprehend what had just occurred. 

Then, it happened. 

Outside, numerous explosions could were heard as the ground below them seemed to tear apart. 

Everyone looked panicked, as they tried to get off the distances where they assumed the TNT would erupt. 

Thankfully, Y/n wasn't in those distances. 

Her eyes held no emotion, as she blankly watched her nation getting torn apart yet again. She watched as the holes in the ground seemed to be multiplying, as the deafening sound of detonations kept getting louder and louder by the second. 

Some people were getting flown up, not being able to dodge the TNT. Most of them seemed ready for their death, and accepted it. There were a few though, who were trying to flap their arms to fly. Normally, people wouldn't be too stupid. But taking a closer look, she saw it was a kid. They were probably 6-7 years old, and didn't look ready to die. Parents were on the ground, screaming in horror as they tried to figure out where their children would land. Tubbo tried to help them, even though it was obvious there was nothing left to do.

Realization dawned upon her, as Y/n tightened the grip on her sword as she fought the urge join Tubbo and try to save one of them. Tears glided effortlessly from her eyes, as she ran a bit closer. She saw loads of citizens were in shock, so she tried to shepherd them away from the damage. Some of them were fighting back, pleading to try to save one of their friends, or their family members. 

The girl tried to usher them away, struggling to comfort them in the process. One father ran free, holding his arms opened as he tried to catch his daughter who was way out of his reach.

Y/n commanded for the rest of the crowd to stay put, as she ran full speed towards the citizen.

"SIR! SIR COME BACK! PLEASE!" She ended up pleading, but he showed no signs of stopping.

Pumping her arms, she was almost in the grasp of the man's shirt.

That was until she was violently being throwned back, which knocked the breath out of her. She landed with a thud, and looked up to see the father getting flown up. He caught his daughter who was miraculously in his reach, and cradled her as he tried his best to calm her. It was obvious he was searching his head for something to do, but nothing would really help in this situation. Blood was spattered on them, because one of them was seriously injured.

The girl watched in horror as they landed at top speed in one of the holes, and a pained scream was heard before it promptly stopped. It was most probably the daughter who had no wish to die today, but it didn't seem like fate was on her side. If only Y/n was fast enough to catch the father, then she would have at least saved one life. She cursed herself for letting the father go, as tears kept welling up in her eyes. Her breathing became shallow, as the tears threatened to spill. That father have a family, and most probably a wife he got lost in the chaos. The daughter would've had a longer life if this whole mess didn't happen. She looked only to be in her pre-teens, for god's sake. She had many journeys ahead of her, but she wouldn't get to live them. Bringing herself back to reality, she urgently calmed her breathing and wiped the tears from her face.

She had to stay strong.

For the sake of L'manburg.

O̵̱̭̰͔͍͌ͅȓ̶̗̮͂̆͑̿͗̀͊͗́ ̷̡̬̫̳͕̥̦̺͉̑w̵̡̞̪̼̹̲͓̺͊͘h̵͔̥̱̭̝͍̾̑̔̋́̿͒̓̓̚͜a̵͈̺̼̙͔͛̾̉̎͠t̶̬̹̟̱͙̜̝͖̳̾͋ ̵̻̖̮̱̟̖̾ͅw̸̥͊́̋a̵̯̭̗̪͝͝s̴͖̳̫̖͂̾͛ ̵̗̽̒͛l̸̦̙̖͎̘̘̗̄̓ȩ̵͕͖̖͈̲̦͇̖͙͂́̂͊̉̋f̸̛̤̬̜̿̾͋ṱ̶̌ ̸̰̜͚͎̱̋ǫ̵̰̭̙̿́̉̽f̷̨͓͕͖͍̣͇̯̪̥͠ ̴̢̪̲̗͎͎̩̋̓͆́́̑̕͜͝ǐ̶̧̛̪̠̳̞͍̹͈̋̏̉̈́́͘t̵̤̰̼̞̀̏̍.̵̫͈͈͊̋͑̂̊̌̅ (Or what was left of it)

Y/n shakily got back up, took a last deep breath and turned around. The crowd she had shepherded was still intact, their eyes filled with fear. She quickly signaled for them to stay where they were, as she ran closer to the destruction. 

When she was close enough, she made out the features of Wilbur and Phil stood upon something supposed to be hidden. 

Niki was beside her, her hands covering her mouth as she cried more then Y/n ever saw her  cry before. 

The y/e/c eyed girl tried to comfort her, but ended up shedding even more tears as she looked up to where her best friend and his father were. 

She knew this would happen. There was nothing left to do, but try to make the most of it. But it seemed the only 'most of it' they made, was destruction and death.  Y/n tried to brace herself for this, but the pain was fresh as ever.

All that's left of L'manburg was a few stray pieces of untouched land, and dead bodies  who scattered the once peaceful ground.

It was horrible.

✩。:*•.───── ❁ ❁ ─────.•*:。✩

Hi!

Thank you for reading yet another chapter!

I hope you enjoyed, and have a great day! :)