Just Another Day!

Start from the beginning

"Hochey ke chakkr me hi to nhi mil paya yaar , aaj abhi teen baje match hai, usi ki practice me saara hafta yuhi nikal gaya." he stated as a matter of fact and she nodded. "Aaj mai bhut thak gaya tha..!"

"thak gaya tha? kyu ab sab thik hogya?" she asked catching his words.

"haa matlab,, ab tu aai hai milne, to ab aaram thodi karunga, baate karunga na tujhse.." Uday covered up somehow, to which she replied "nhi tu aaram kar, mai chali, ammi jaan ko fikr ho rhi hogi ke abtak ghar nhi puhuchi. Upar se Amrit to pehele hi ghar me hai,, khamaka meri jaan ko aafat aa jani hai."

"oye to kehdio na mere naal thi tu."

"ahaan! Chup kar, mai jaa rhi hu tu thaka hua hai aaram kar, or ache se khelio, naak mat kata dio meri."

"oye yaar tu match dekhne nhi rukegi?" Uday made a sad face as he really wanted her to stay by his side. "nahi Uday! Ghar jaana hai, sham hogyi to Ammi jaan ne sau sawal karne hain. Samajh!! Or sun acha khelio. Jeet ke aaio ghar. Ab mai chali." she held his hands in her and looked at him.

"Vashma.." he wanted to speak further but he understands so he let her go. Though its very hurtful for him to see her go away. "ye jaati hai to lagta hai bhut kuch apne naal leke jaa rhi hai." he thought as her hand slowly slipped away from his and she waved a bye from distance.

_____________

Uday was playing his match with zeal, passion and tactics accompanied by some amount of frustration, obviously because she wasn't there to see him playing. This was hurting him and was building anger, so he didn't let go the ball. He was determined to win so that at least he can share this happy news in the evening with Vashma. Now only his win and the eagerness to share with her can pacify him. Though in all this moments of heat and play, he didn't notice that his favorite pair of black kohled eyes was watching his entire game from some distance. She even was chatting with his coach how much efforts he's putting to which the latter said "haa, par is match me jaada hi acha khel raha hai. Uday me bhut jazbaa hai."

"dekhiye na coach sahab, isne ek baar bhi meri taraf nhi dekha, ladka sahi jaa raha hai. Gold medal to India ki team hi laegi" she happily stated and coach sahab too nodded. As the match stopped and Uday's team won, each and every team player began cheering for themselves and patted one another's back, just then Uday's friend teased him "oye tuje to aaj alag hi khushi hui hogi,, apni maashuqa ke saamne match jeet gaya. Hayee meri jaan jhappi paa isi baat pr!" Uday hugged him in perplexion and asked him "kya keh raha hai tu?"

"oye udhar dekhh picche!!" his friend forced him to look behind his back. Vashma was standing with her school bag present on the pavement. Uday was shocked, surprised, overwhelmed, emotional and ran to her as a reflex. Just before he could hug her, he stopped. He was teary eyed but didn't show and asked "tu ghar nhi gyi?"

"maine yaha aane se pehle hi Amrit ko bol dia tha ke ammi jaan ko kehde mai Noora ke yaha jaa rhi hu, sham tak aungi..." she eyed him smilingly from ear to ear but Uday hit her on her head "to mainu kyu pareshan kia ke maine ghr jaana hai, ghar jaana hai. Hain? Jaada masti nhi chad rhi tujhe aajkal."

"kya karu meri jaan, tujhe sataane ka alag hi mazaa hai. oye hoye hoye hoye hoye!! kya batau kitna sukoon mila tujhe ullu bana ke mere ullu!!"

"maine na agli baar teri khaat khadi kar deni hai, agar jaane ki gal ki to!" he gritted his teeth as her going away from him unknowingly takes his air away.

"nhi nhi tu thandak rakh, tujhe to mujhe pur zindagi jhelna hai. Acha sun,, bada acha khela tu aaj. Hayyee nazar naa lage!!" she said dramatically though happily.

______________

The sky was a mix of pink and blue hues, glooming with a half moon and setting sun altogether. Uday and Vashma were walking through the bazaars of Lahore hand in hand, where shops were lit with lanterns and sound of hawkers and people calling could be heard. They both just had their meal together and decided to stroll a bit and reach home before it gets too late. "tera din kesa tha aaj?" Uday asked Vashma as she hardly talks about herself, all she cares about is him and his hockey only.

"mere din ko kya hona hai? Changa hi tha. Tujhse mili or changa hogya." She replied.

"Oye kabhi mujhe chodkar apni bhi bataya kar, tere baare me hum kabhi baat hi ni karte."

"Mera saara din to tere sath guzarta hai, tu ho ya na ho. To isliye jaan ke kya krega. Kuch khas nhi hai." she stated a very big statement without any undertone because that chirpy girl was looking at a kurta at a shop. She stood there to see the material of the cloth.

"Abrar ke liye lena hai kya? Changa hai kaafi vese." Uday asked as he felt top of the world after listening to her.

"Mai to bas dekh rhi hu, unhe nhi kisi or ko dene ki soch rahi thi. Dekhio acha haina kapda?" she said while not giving much importance to him. "kise dena hai, mainu te das!!" he asked eyeing her in frustration, his face fell as she said that she has to gift someone who is not him, not even her brother. Who could be that man who's so special for her?

"Bhaiya ye kurta dedo .." she removed her bag from her shoulders and took out some money to pay. Uday grew angry and disappointed as she legit ignored him on his face. How can she do this to him. In a fit of rage, he left her there at the shop and moved ahead. As soon as Vashma got hold of the gift she bought, she walked fast to match his pace. She finally was able to stop him in the street behind their neighbourhood. "oye rukjaa!! Tere sath hi aai hu na, to aage aage kyu chal raha hai?"

"aai to thi, par pehle aap apne kisi khaas ke liye tohfa to lele..."

"par Uday.."

"oye mera dimag na khaii.. Vashma ghar jaa, or mujhe bhi jaane de." he said in an agitating tone. Though he himself didn't know why he's so bothered. "jaa rahi hu pr tu apna tohfa to lele... itne man se kharida hai maine" she called him from behind and he stopped in his tracks.

"kya?"

"haa ab mai tere liye kuch kharid nhi sakti kya? maine socha itni mehnat kar raha tha to inaam bhi milna chahiye na. Ye kurta na kabhi.. haa Amrit ke rokke ya kisi bhi jalse wale din pehenio. Acha lagega..!" she said in a go, in her jolly and bubbly voice evoking utmost merry inside Uday.

"acha.. mai to kuch or hi soch raha tha.."

"sochta bhut hai tu.. tere ya Amrit ke alawa kisi teesre ki kya majaal jo Vashma ka dil lele."

"honaa bhi nhi chahiyeee" Uday said in an embarassed tone as he didn't know what to do. "Le ab phad ise. Tu bhi kya yaad rakhega.. Vashma ne tere liye kharidi ki." she patted her back in awe of herself and her choice of gifts.

"Vashma..!" He called her and she hummed in question.

"Tu khara sona hai Or mai to..jese aankh ka andha or akal ka bhi,, teri kimat hi nhi pata laga paata." He said apologetically.

"Oye iddhr dekh,, esa kuch nhi hai. Tu hai to mai hu. Jhalle..! Ab ghar chal,nhi to dono ne daat pdegi." She chuckled in the last. She forwarded her hand towards him, which he held back in literal desperation with willingness.

"Vashma tu hi to thi, har dikkat se tune bachaya hai, har khushi me mera sath tune dia hai, har baar mere sath khadi hone wali tu thi Vashma tu thi"✨

________________

Enjoy this happy ride of emotions amidst the tense track of the show.
Dropping this to lighten your mood guys..❤️