~Chapter 3~

Woah, she smiled at me, so freaking cute! Unfortunately, it's time to leave.

                     "So, I'll see you this weekend?" I ask to confirm.

                     "Yep," answered Natsuki.

                     "Ok, goodbye then," I reply. I get up to leave and Natsuki waves at me, so I wave back. I head home and make dinner for myself, after I finish eating, my phone buzzes and I see a text from Natsuki. It says 'Hey, so, things are a little... not great here right now, would you mind if I stayed at your house for a few days instead of just for a few hours?' I quickly text back, 'Of course, feel free to come over whenever.' I wait for a response, then it came: 'Be there in 10 minutes.' Wait, ten minutes?! I don't have time to prepare! Ten minutes pass while I panic internally, and I hear a knock on the door. Extremely nervously, I open the door. There stands Natsuki in a white t-shirt that's a little too big for her and a pink skirt.

                     "Are you gonna welcome me in, or are we just gonna stand here all night?" she asked.

                     "Oh, right, sorry, please, come in." I welcomed her in. She walks in. I notice she's carrying a massive book bag. "Would you like me to take that for you?" I offered.

                     "Sure," she answered, "thanks, Dan." I took the bag from her, and holy crap, it's heavy!

                     "D-Did you carry this all the way here?!" I inquired.

                    "Yep!" she boasts.

                    "Jeez..." I say, "I'll just put this in the guest room," I lug the heavy bag up into the guest room, and set it down. I resist the urge to look inside. I set the bag down next to the bed and walked back downstairs to find Natsuki looking around my house curiously. A few minutes later, she bade goodnight and walked back upstairs to the guest room. I resumed panicking internally as I realized: there's an adorable girl sleeping in my house! I continue this for apparently a few hours, when I notice her, walking down the stairs, but something's off: her eyes are closed. "Are you... sleepwalking?" I asked nobody in particular.

                   She doesn't respond, confirming my suspicions. 'So she sleepwalks,' I thought to myself. 'I guess I'll stay close so she doesn't break anything,' I think to myself. I didn't have to, a few minutes later, she moves over to the couch, lies down on it, and continues sleeping there. 'I think I'll just keep an eye on her.' I sit down on the other end of the couch. 'I'll stay up all night if I have to,' I thought. Next thing I know though, I've fallen asleep.

                    I wake up the next morning, I slowly open my eyes and freeze. It seems as if Natsuki decided to cuddle with me in her sleep. Terrified that I would wake her up, I keep absolutely still. "Holy crap!" I mouthed. Now I'm stuck with a dilemma: wake her up and make her mad or I let her sleep and she ends up thinking I'm a creep. Neither option sounds appealing, but in the long run, though still not ideal, I think letting her sleep would be the best option. Now all I can hope is she doesn't sleep for too long because I'm actually really hungry right now. 'Oh, wow,' I thought, 'I sound like Sayori.' I chuckle at this. Bad idea. Almost the exact same moment I chuckled, Natsuki began to stir.

                     She wakes up and opens her eyes. For a minute I could only think one thing: 'I'm dead.' What happened next surprised me a great deal. She smiled.

                     "Good morning," she chirped. 'She's... not mad?' I thought.

                     "Um," I began, "G-Good morning, Natsuki." She gets up and stretches before walking back upstairs to the guest room, undoubtedly to get something. 'She's like a completely different person when it's just me and her,' I thought, 'Is it possible that... she likes me?' I shrugged off the idea. 'There's no way that could be it... right?' I barely have time to finish my thought, when I notice her struggling to get her bag down the stairs. I rush over to her and help her carry it. "Here," I offered, "Let me help you with that."

                      "Oh, thanks," replied Natsuki.

                      "No problem," I responded. We continue to lug the bag over to the kitchen, where we set it down with a clank. "Jeez, what do you have in there, iron bars?" I asked sarcastically.

                      "Nope," she answered, "Cooking supplies."

                      "Oh, I guess that makes sense," I reply, "After all, we are baking soon." Natsuki opens the bag and pulls out a metal mixing bowl, two cupcake pans, an electric stand mixer, wooden mixing spoons, wire whisks, and dry ingredients, including small triangular chocolates for the cat ears I presume.

                      "You did remember to buy milk, eggs, cream and butter, right?" She inquired.

                      "Yep," I answered.

                      "Well then," she replies as she twirls one of the mixing spoons, "Let's get baking."