Rainbow Connection (Jensen)

Jensen Ackles x Daughter

This is Jensen's first time away from his daughter for a while and when he is at a convention in Nashville he is pretty upset by it. He gets asked for a funny story about her at a panel and ends up talking about her favourite song. His fans encourage him to sing it for them.

(Callan Ackles)
_________

Jensen sighed as his panel seemed drag on for longer than usual. It wasn't the panel. He loves his fans and going to conventions all over the place to meet and interact with them is amazing. It actually didn't have anything to do with them. He had been sulking all day because he had to leave his three year old daughter to come here (and his wife, of course). This was his first time away from her after spending a whole four months with her and you. A four month break from filming and conventions and now they're back at it again. He was pretty sure the fans knew something was up. They were a lot more hesitant to talk to him. He didn't want that.

He looks over at another girl for the next question. "Hi" He smiles slightly. She smiles back "Hi... sorry, I'm a little nervous". He shrugs "That's okay, what's your question?". "Um, I was wondering if you had any stories about your daughter" She says. He sits up a little and smiles "Sure, I do. This is the first time I've been away from her for four months". This gets an aww from the audience and he chuckles "Honestly, it's killing me. Anyway... stories, let me think". After a few minutes of thinking, he hums "Okay, I got one. So, Callan is three and I was kinda expecting my house to be filled with Disney princesses and sparkling unicorns. Don't get me wrong, we have plenty of that. I'm practically living with them". The audience chuckles. He pauses before continuing "Okay... I'm gonna try not to cry while telling this story. Something I never expected was for her to be obsessed. And I mean obsessed, with Kermit the frog. She wanted her room green, she has posters and toys and albums and she constantly watches the show. I have no idea why or how it even started. But she loves Kermit and I've been living with him for a while now". The audience laughs and he chuckles "This is the part where I attempt to not cry. Her favourite song is the Rainbow Connection and she makes me sing it to her all the time. So, I learned to play it on the guitar and now it's her song for everything. Bedtime, comfort, hyper, content. It's, um... It's probably my favourite thing to do with her". The audience awws again and he smiles "Sorry, I'm rambling". "Sing it for us!" He hears someone shout. He chuckles "What?". "Please!" Someone else yells and he rolls his eyes, but smiles "Alright". He recieves a cheer and he laughs lightly.

Someone brings a guitar out for him. "Thanks" He says as he sits it on his lap. Then he makes sure it's tuned before looking back at the audience. He smiles slightly "Okay... this is for you, Cal". He starts to play the guitar and after a few minutes in, he starts to sing

Why are there so many
songs about rainbows?
And what's on the other side?
Rainbow's are visions,
but only illusions.
And rainbows have nothing to hide.

So we've been told and some choose to believe it.
But I know they're wrong, wait and see.

Someday we'll find it,
the Rainbow Connection.
The lovers, the dreamers and me.
Who said that every wish
would be heard and answered,
when wished on the morning star?

Somebody thought of that
and someone believed it,
look what it's done so far.
What's so amazing,
that keeps us stargazing
and what do we think we might see?

Someday we'll find it,
that Rainbow Connection.
The lovers, the dreamers and me.
All of us under its spell,
we know that it's probably magic.

Have you been half asleep?
and have you heard voices?
I've heard them calling my name.
Is this the sweet sound that calls the young sailors?

The voice might be one
and the same.
I've heard it too many
times to ignore it.
It's something that
I'm supposed to be.

Someday we'll find it,
the Rainbow Connection.
The lovers, the dreamers and me.

By the end, not one person had dry eyes, including Jensen. He smiles slightly " Thank you, guys". The audience cheers for him and he chuckles "Alright, who's next?".
_______

W.S